Monday, January 6, 2014

My Best Beauty Finds of 2013

first anniversary

This post marks the one year anniversary of this blog so I thought I’d do it up right by recounting my favorite products that I learned about in 2013. Now, some of these products were introduced long before last year and some are new but what they have in common is that I first heard about them and used them in 2013. Here are my favorites!


IT Cosmetics CC Cream

CC Cream: IT Cosmetics

I haven’t reviewed this yet but I discovered this product in December. With medium full to full coverage and a texture like a great moisturizer, this CC Cream has really impressed me. Stay tuned for a review soon!!

Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara

Mascara: Trish McEvoy Volume 

This product has become my Holy Grail mascara in the last year. Although I continue to try new mascaras (right now I’m trying to find a good drugstore option), I come back to this one (as well as Mac’s Zoom Lash Waterfast) time and time again. Check out my review here!

Nars Radiant Cream compact foundation 2

Foundation: Nars Radiant Cream Compact, Becca Luminous Skin Ultra Sheer, Mac Face & Body

2013 was the year of foundations for me and I found a lot of great ones. These three are the standouts for me with the Becca and the Mac coming in as the best sheer to light foundations while the Nars product rounds out the list as a medium to full coverage choice. I’ve reviewed both the Nars and the Mac (here and here) and you should expect to see a review on the Becca product soon!

Neutrogena Moisturesmooth Color Sticks

Lip Gloss Sticks: Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Sticks

Would you  believe that I have had a review for this product sitting in my drafts folder for about nine months? At some point, I’ll actually get it posted but until then, I’ll tell you I really love this Neutrogena lip product, especially the watermelon color. Get thee to the drugstore and buy some!


it cosmetics bye bye under eye

Concealer: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye UnderEye

This concealer is so darn good that I recommend it to people over and over. It’s pigmented, opaque but not “dead” looking and it lasts all day! Check out my review here.

Wayne Goss Mekeup Brushes

Makeup Brushes: Wayne Goss

I absolutely love it when a normal, everyday person has a passion for something and turns that passion into a great success. That’s Wayne Goss in a nutshell! He’s a makeup artist, YouTube makeup guru and the kind of person who would make a great friend if he lived nearby. Irreverent, quirky, funny and talented as hell, Wayne has developed his own line of makeup brushes that are so beautiful and soft, they make blending a dream! Click here for my review (and then go out and buy a set for yourself)!

Illamasqua Hollow pigment

Contour: Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow

Here’s another product I reach for time and time again. It’s a great contouring product for ladies with light skin. Check it out here!

Skin Actives Dream Cream

All Purpose Moisturizer: Skin Actives Dream Cream

Dream Cream, is, hands down, the best all purpose moisturizer for dry skin. It has saved me a couple of times this winter as my skin got dry and itchy. Read more about it here.

nars powder

Finishing Powder: Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder

One word: AMAZING!!! Here’s my review.

Revlon bronzer

Bronzer: Revlon PhotoReady

For women over forty, I believe that bronzer should be matte and not shimmery (well, most of the time). Revlon’s offering isn’t fancy or expensive but it does the job very impressively. This is a great find. I haven’t officially reviewed it but have used it in a number of “face of the day” posts like this one, here.

CheekCreme

Cream Blush: Sonya Kashuk Cream Blush

This is another brand new product to me (within the last month) and I LOVE these blushes. A review will be coming soon!

Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Palette

Matte Eyeshadow: Sonya Kashuk Eye on Neutrals Palette

Recently, I feel like I’m having a love affair with the Sonia Kashuk product line. I used this palette in my “Five Product Face” post and will review it soon.

Badge-of-Awesome

Blog: Caroline Hirons “Beauty Mouth”

The goddess of skin care. Read her blog. That is all.

NYX Butter Gloss

Lip Gloss: NYX Butter Gloss

More products that I’ve photographed, worn and never reviewed. They make this list for a reason so stay tuned!

Urban Decay  Eye Pencil Mushroom

Eye Liner Pencils: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Mushroom

Urban Decay is known for their eye pencils and this is one of my favorites. Although I’ve never reviewed this pencil, I use it all the time on my lower lash line. It’s such a great neutral and never looks too heavy. Check it out here at Sephora.

Marc Jacobs Lolita Eye Palette

Eyeshadow Palette (high end): Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No. 7 in “The Lolita”

This is actually the first Marc Jacobs Beauty product I’ve tried and I have to say that I’m impressed. Over the holidays, I used it quite a bit and was able to get quite a few looks out of it. I’ll be reviewing this one soon!

Library of Flowers 1

Bath product: Library of Flowers Bubble Bath

For me, the three most important things about a bubble bath is that it must be hot, the bubbles must be plentiful and the fragrance must be heavenly. Library of Flowers delivers on the bubbles and the fragrance in a beautiful way. Read my review here!

Clinique Take Off The day cleansing Balm

Makeup Remover: Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Hands down, my absolute favorite facial cleanser. I will purchase this forever!

Skin Actives Creamy Facial Cleanser

Facial Cleanser:  SkinActives Creamy Facial Cleanser

A gentle cleanser that it new in 2013 to SkinActives, I have used it and repurchased but haven’t reviewed yet. You can find it here on their website.

Mac Syrup Lipstick Swatch
Syrup

Mac Cream In Your Coffee Lipstick Swatch
Cream in Your Coffee


Lipstick: Mac Syrup, Mac Creme in Your Coffee

These have been around forever but they’re new to me. Purchase them at the Mac website here (or your local counter).

Skin Actives Hand & Body Lotion

Hand Cream: SkinActives Hand and Body Moisturizing Lotion

Another great product from a great company! This is a daily (or several times daily) habit and my hands have never been so soft! Here’s my review.

CND Vinylux Scarlet Letter

Nail Polish: CND Vinylux

As much as I love nail polish, I get bored with my color after a couple of days and can’t stand to keep the same color for more than a week. CND’s Vinylux Weekly Polish is perfect as it doesn’t chip and is designed for weekly wear. I have several colors and my favorite is Pretty Poison (a dark green with green flecks). You can read more here.

Sephora Jumbo Eye Pencils

Eye Shadow Pencil: Sephora

Sephora’s Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencils are soooo good and last on my oily lids without creasing. They are available in many lovely colors and are a real beauty bargain. Here’s a review showing three of them and here is a post showing a look I used with another. Definitely worth a look!!!

Mac Mocha Blush

Powder Blush: Mac Mocha

A great neutral, every day blush for many complexions, Here’s a look I did with this blush.

Pink Tria

Beauty Tool: Tria Laser Hair Remover

 Best. Thing. Ever! Check it out here.


Pantene Intense Restoration Treatment

Hair Conditioner (Deep): Pantene Intensive Restoration Treatment in Medium-Thick

I’ve come to love this stuff over the last six months. It deep conditions my hair, making it feel so soft! Although I haven’t reviewed it yet, I will do so soon. Until then, you can find it anywhere Pantene products are sold.

Well, that’s my list for 2013! What would you add? Are any of these products your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)