Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Clinique Take Off The day cleansing Balm
If it’s possible to fall in love with a cleansing product, then Clinique’s Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm is my new boyfriend (sorry Captain Jack)! This silky smooth balm is the absolutely perfect first step in a two step cleansing process. I’ve been using it now for close to a month now and it has become my “go to” product for makeup removal at the end of the day. Keep reading for more info!

Clinique Take Off The day cleansing Balm 2

Take the Day Off is packaged in a wide mouthed, 3.8 ounce jar and retails for $28.50. It’s designed to remove all traces of makeup and dirt after a long day. The balm itself is a firm yet creamy solid that almost has a “shortening-like” feel yet is firmer to the touch. When it comes in contact with the skin, it literally melts in the hand, making it so easy to smooth onto the face. I am able to spread it without added water and from there, it does quick work in removing my makeup.

Clinique Take Off The day cleansing Balm 3
A little bit goes a long way with this stuff. As I mentioned above, I’ve been using this for almost a month and I’ve barely made a dent in the jar!

Clinique Take Off The day cleansing Balm 4
Once I apply it to my face, I massage it all over---my cheeks, forehead, eyebrows, eyelashes and lids…you name the part of my face, it goes there! In the process it’s silky, moisturizing and lovely. Makeup is dissolved almost immediately and I follow that up with a warm washcloth to completely wash away the balm and all remnants of makeup. Once that’s all done, I move to my second cleanse (for an explanation of that click here).

Ingredients

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

As far as the ingredients are concerned, it consists of various oils (a derivative of palm oil, safflower seed oil, an extract of coconut), a surfactant, a thickener, emulsifiers, Vitamin E and a preservative. All pretty much normal stuff which will do what the marketing for this product says it will do. One of the noticeably missing ingredients (and one which I have found in almost all high end cleansing balms) is FRAGRANCE!!! There is literally no “smell” to this product which will be a godsend for those of you sensitive to fragrances. I happen to like them but definitely don’t miss them in Take Off the Day.

This is an amaaaazing cleansing balm and I absolutely adore it! Definitely check this one out! You can find this wherever Clinique products are sold.

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to like Clinique Take the day off Cleansing balm but the ingredient Ethylhexyl Palmitate irritated my skin and my eyes so I use it now for cleansing my brushes.

    Ethylhexyl Palmitate

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)