Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Holidays, Capt. Jack Harkness, and Beauty Products—the Perfect Weekend!

Hope you had a great weekend! It seems like the last three days went buy in a flash but I was productive, in a weird sort of way. Most of my time was spent setting up and learning my new camera (hopefully no more fuzzy pictures), shopping for large numbers of beauty products, and organizing my home, all while catching up on episodes 1 thru 3 of “Torchwood” on Netflix. For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, Torchwood is a science fiction television show of an extraterrestrial-fighting secret (well, sort of secret) government agency headed up by sexy beast, Captain Jack Harkness. I swear that man is the hottest and he would be the one and only on my “list” if I actually had one of those lists (and he wasn’t merely a character on a TV show, albeit an incredibly delicious character). The actor who plays Harkness is John Barrowman, below.

John Barrowman
Photo via
Not bad, huh? Although my love is for the Captain, if I wasn’t a happily married heterosexual woman and he wasn’t a happily married gay man, I think I could be persuaded to check him out <cough>. But the CAPTAIN….sigh! I digress…

Anyway, I love “Torchwood” and have really gotten into the characters. I actually shed a tear at the end of season two when two of the central characters were killed. And the series “Children of the World” made me feel sick due to its allegorical nature (watch it and you’ll understand). Even so, it was a great diversion on a busy weekend. If you are looking for a new show, check out Torchwood on Netflix (and it’s probably on other networks as well). You also may be interested in checking out the multi talented John Barrowman at his website here.

In between watching many episodes of Torchwood, I also bought and photographed lots of new beauty products, which I will be showing, swatching and reviewing starting today. Here are some of the products that I will begin posting later this morning and for the rest of the week.

Picture1
    
Stay tuned for more!!! And check out Torchwood!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)