Thursday, July 25, 2013

Product Review: Sephora’s Jumbo 12 Hour Eye Pencils


Sephora Jumbo Eye Pencils

I’ve long been a fan of large eye shadow pencils but had never tried Sephora’s version. Recently, I came across these lovelies on the Sephora site and decided to splurge on a few of them. Will they crease like crazy or stay smooth and colorful for a full 12 hours? Read more to find out!

These pencils are available in 28 different shades, from matte to frosty and glittery. I purchased shades Beige, Taupe and Mauve Shimmer. Each pencil cost $14. Take a look below.

Sephora Jumbo eye Pencil Beige Beige

Sephora Jumbo Eye Pencil Taupe
Taupe (yeah, I really liked this one!)

Sephora Jumbo eye Pencil Mauve Shimmer
Mauve Shimmer

Sephora Jumbo Eye Pencils Swatch
Taupe, Mauve Shimmer, Beige

I found these shadow sticks to be creamy and easy to apply/wear. They’re incredibly flexible as they can be used as a liner and blended out as a shadow. This summer, I’ve been wearing the Taupe shade a lot as a liner under my lower lashes. That is only possible if the formula is non smudging. Well guess what, IT IS!!!! Not only do these pencils stay put, they look beautiful all day so the claim that they wear for 12 hours has been absolutely true for me! These can be used alone or as a base under powder to provide more depth. No eyelid primer needed!!!

Besides getting a lot of wear as a liner, I also used each color on the lids. Here’s a look that I also have worn quite a bit this summer.

Sephora Jumbo Eye Pencils eyes Beige on inner lid, mauve shimmer on outer lid and taupe in the crease, then blended. Liner by The Balm and mascara by Trish McAvoy

Sephora Jumbo Eye Pencil look

At $14 each, these are a great buy. You can get them at any Sephora store or on the website. Try them and tell me what you think!!

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)