Friday, July 26, 2013

Product Review: Revlon’s PhotoReady Kajal Pencil in Blue Nile


Pencil 1
Recently, Revlon released its PhotoReady Kajal Intense Liner + Brightener in four colors. These looked really interesting at my local Target so I thought that I’d try one out. I purchased the duo in Blue Nile and wore it on and off for a week. Read on for my experiences with it!

Pencil 2

Pencil 3

swatches
Blue Nile consists of a beautiful medium blue liner and a creamy white brightener all in one pencil. Each side was creamy and did not pull on my eyelids, which is a big plus. The colors are beautiful and vibrant and so full of promise!!! I wore them a couple of different ways: blue on top and bottom lids at the lash line as well as on the lower water line and then the white on my lower water line. For about an hour, they were gorgeous! Not much longer after an hour, the blue smudged terribly (helloooo racoon eyes!!!) and then faded into nothing. The white did a great job brightening but again, faded away. I was sooo disappointed because I really wanted to love these!
Here’s the deal, though…if you need something to pop on your eyes to go out to the store or to meet friends for a short get together, this pencil is probably great. Or if you’re OK with touching up your makeup throughout the day, it’s fine. Personally, I don’t like to touch up my makeup during the day (other than lipstick and maybe some powder) so these don’t work for me.
eyes
Unfortunately, this pencil goes into my “reject” box. Have you had a different experience with this pencil? Please weigh in!!!

Ages of Beauty rating: *

2 comments:

  1. I too was excited to try this product. In " LUCKY" Mag this sounded like the next best thing to a full nights sleep ! It makes your eyes more clear and whiter " LUCKY" used the word OBLITERATES redness!It lightens dark shadows, takes out the trash and does the dishes! So off I went to cure my tired, sleepy A$#! With a tad over 7 bucks handed over to the gal with the bulls-eye on her apron I was off to paint my eyes and the town. I always do that last face check before I enter any place so I did put a little more on ( dark on the bottom and top W/ white slightly above the blue over my pupils to the outer corner and white in the inner corner. )I did not drink that evening but did hit the dance floor a few times. At the very first group bathroom break I noticed it had smudged. Not too bad , in a way it was that sexy walk of shame look ;) so off we go to hit the dance and chase the boys. Before nights end most of the liner was gone. it has smudged , smeared and wandered off. Photo-ready? if that photo was taken 5 min after I put it on. if not the photo would have been under status- shame walker ( nod to walking dead )! Do yourself a favor and buy these colors in a different brand and buy one of each color. I love a good white it is great in the corner or under the out side of the eyes when a cat eye is the objective. I saw "MAC" for sale in an electric violet at some website called ...I am not good at recalling web addresses but it was something to do with rack or no rack. I am not sure and I checked I did not save it. Just dig around and buy above Revlon. I hope that did not sound like I am not a Revlon fan I am, I love their foundation and many of their outer products, this on however needs to be left out of our beauty boxes! I do go on ! Peace to all who take took the time to read this and I do hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anon! It really is disappointing when a highly "promoted" product doesn't live up to the hype. It's really too bad because the colors available in this liner are really beautiful.

      Delete

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)