Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Product Review: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye



Getting older brings one surprise after another. When I was forty-six, dark hollows magically appeared under my eyes. They weren't there the day before and I'm not sure where they came from. One day my under eye area was plump and the color even. The next day, deep troughs, the color of coal had formed. Has that happened to you?

Clearly, I needed help! Thus began my quest for the perfect concealer.




Wearing Tinted Moisturizer and a light application of blush

In the past two years, I think I've tried every concealer from drugstore to high end. IF they covered my dark areas well, they were either too dry or too matte, making my face look dull and lifeless. More often than not, they didn't cover well and settled into my fine lines. Many did not last more than a few hours. I finally settled on a high end version that covered the circles but was just a bit too flat looking. It would do but I just knew there was something better.

About six months ago, I discovered IT Cosmetics. I read about their concealer, Bye Bye Undereye and thought it was too good to be true. Before I could actually order anything from their site, I somehow came into possession of a sample in the shade Neutral. Boy was I impressed! This stuff was amazing! Not only did it cover  dark circles, hyper pigmentation and blemishes beautifully, it lasted all day and most of the evening. At that point, I thought perhaps that the right color for me was between the light and neutral so I ordered a tube of both colors.





Light and Neutral

IT Cosmetics describes this concealer as a "waterproof yet moisturizing formula that stays put no matter what."  The formula contains Vitamins K, A, C, E which is there to reduce under eye puffiness and discoloration. Collagen is included to renew and refresh the skin. Apparently Bye Bye Under Eye is used by leading plastic surgeons to conceal bruising and swelling on the face and other parts of the body.



Only a tiny amount is needed to conceal both eyes. I apply tiny little dots under each eye and then pat with my finger to blend. The amount above was enough for both eyes. See below:



In this picture, I'm showing the opacity that one achieves with just that tiny amount. Since I applied it after my blush, it does not show as blended as it does when I apply it prior to blush (which I normally do). I just didn't want the fact that I wasn't wearing blush to magnify the difference between the before and after pictures. Just so we're clear, I also have a coat of mascara on in the after picture. 

My normal routine is to add a light coating of powder to "set" the concealer wherever I have applied it. This stuff is bullet proof! It doesn't fade, move or settle into fine lines. I don't break out often but when I do, Bye Bye Under Eye takes care of the problem like no other.

It turns out that the Neutral shade is right for me (Light is REALLY light) but I can use the lighter shade for highlighting. The $24 price tag for Bye Bye Under Eye is worth every penny. Not only is it a great product, but you get a lot of it. I've had my tube for six months and I easily have another six months of use out of it.












Bye Bye Under Eye is available at the IT Cosmetics website here or at QVC here.  The four colors available should suit the needs of those with all but the palest of pale or very dark skin.

Have you tried Bye Bye Under Eye? What are your thoughts?

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

4 comments:

  1. Thats amazing! I am definitely getting this. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very good! And your eyes are so beautiful, what a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)