Thursday, March 28, 2013

Product Review: Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer + Brightener


I live and die by my Holy Grail eye shadow primer, Urban Decay's Primer Potion. Since starting this blog, however, I make it a point to find great drugstore products. 

There are many wonderful drugstore items that I like as well, or even better than, my favorite high end choices. The one area where I've struggled is with eye primers. Almost all I have tried have allowed my eye shadow to crease within hours. 

How does Revlon's PhotoReady Eye Primer + Brightener stand up? Click below to find out!




I purchased the eyeprimer in shade 003 (the only color I've seen it in) which is a pinkish beige color, very similar to my much more expensive YSL Touche Eclat brightener.  The packaging is similar as well, at least on the inside. Although not the pretty, shiny gold metal of the Touche Eclat, the brush is very similar. The mechanism for dispensing the product is on the opposite end and is turned to release the primer rather than the push button used on the YSL version.









When used as a primer with powder eye shadow, I experience no creasing for nine hours and only minor creasing thereafter. Needless to say, I am impressed (make that shocked!). Up until now, there has NEVER been a drugstore eye primer that has resisted creasing on my oily lids! This product also makes a great brightener, which I use any time I want some sheen (under the eyes over a matte primer, on the brow bone, above the cheekbones). At $9.99, this is a GREAT buy! Definitely recommended!!!

Have you tried this product? What do you think?

Ages of Beauty rating: *****



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)