Wednesday, October 23, 2013

St. Thomas Frenchmen’s Reef

St Thomas outside window
Last week, my husband and I attended a wonderful event in St. Thomas. One of the perks of my job is an incentive trip, which is earned by exceeding a certain percentage of quota. Our fiscal year ends in July and my team did very well, so I was fortunate to take part. We stayed at the Marriott at Frenchmen’s Reef and the picture above was taken right out my window. It was a lot of fun and I probably spent too much time in the sun (wearing St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse and SPF 70 thank you very much!) but it was a blast and I can’t wait for next year!
Bouganvilla st thomas

Iguana
The flora and fauna in the Virgin Islands was amazing! Besides many species of flowers and trees, there were also tons of iguana at our hotel. This guy, above, was part of a trio that wandered onto one of the patios last Saturday afternoon. Every day, the local iguana community is apparently fed from one of the sidewalks and that day, I rounded a corner and met eight of them, waiting expectantly for a snack. We were warned that their tails could sting when whipped about so I cautiously passed by them, my eyes tracking their every move. Once I got used to them, they were actually pretty cute and quite docile.
Trunk Bay St John 1
Trunk Bay, St. John
St. John
St. John
We were able to take a day trip to St. John and got to spend the afternoon swimming at Trunk Bay. This gorgeous spot was so wonderful and I would absolutely love to go back there!
Skirt from Gwynnie Bee

Gwynnie Bee Maxi Dress
I spent most of the days in either a bathing suit or shorts but in the evenings, I usually wore a dress to dinner. For that reason, I stocked my “closet” at Gwynnie Bee with as many tropical dresses as I could (I’ve written about them before here, here, here and here). One day I wore the skirt above and on Saturday night, I wore the maxi dress to our awards dinner. My Gwynnie Bee finds were perfect for this trip!
Marriott Frenchmen's reef st thomas pool
Barry and Denise October 2013 St thomas
We had a great time on the trip and and I have to say. i recommend the Virgin Islands to everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)