Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Beauty Empties: To Buy or Not To Buy?


image
It’s no secret that I test out a LOT of beauty and skincare products so the ones that I actually run out of are special, indeed!! Obviously I like them well enough to keep using them (over and above the hundreds of products I have in my arsenal) because if I didn’t, they’ll either end up in the garbage or I’ll give them away to someone who may love them. But do I love them enough to purchase them again and again??? Read on to find out!

I keep an “empties” bag where I keep all of my empty tubes, bottles and pots so that I can tell you all about them! Here are the latest!
MUAC Mandelic Acid toner
Make Up Artist’s Choice (MUAC) Mandelic Acid Toner


The first thing in the bag is an empty bottle of Mandelic Acid Toner by Makeup Artist’s Choice. I love this stuff! Not only is it a great acid based toner, but it’s inexpensive as well! At first, I was a bit skeptical that it would be gentle enough for my dry skin but it definitely is. Will I purchase it again? Absolutely!! Mandelic Acid Toner is affordable ($5 to $16) and available in three sizes. This is a great way to add an acid based toner to your skincare routine.
ELS from Skin Actives
Skin Actives Every Lipid Serum (ELS)

I have been using this serum for quite awhile and reviewed it here. This stuff is amazing and it will always be part of my skin care routine. Yes, I will purchase this again and again. You need this so go to the SkinActives website and order it for $18.50. Worth every penny!
Mac-Prep-and-Prime-Skin
Mac Prep & Prime Skin Primer

I consider primer to be a beauty “must have” and definitely love a good one! For a long time, Mac’s version was my absolute favorite. It made my skin smooth and helped my makeup last and last. Heavy with silicone but light on the skin, this product smoothes onto my face like silk and it feels so good! Even though I love it, I won’t be purchasing this one again. First of all, I think that Revlon’s Photo Ready Primer is almost a dupe for the Mac version and costs about $10.99 to about $30. Secondly, I have a new holy grail primer (Hourglass Veil) and have purchased that one and am loving it. 
Library of Flowers bubble Bath
Library of Flowers Bubble Bath

This stuff is so beautiful! It smells great, the bubbles last a long time and I love it. Plus the can is pretty! Yes, I will be buying this bubble bath again!!!
Biotene toothpaste
Biotene Toothpaste

OK. I know it’s weird to have toothpaste in a beauty post but this toothpaste really works. For those of you with dry mouth, Biotene does what it says it’s going to do, which is to “relieve oral irritations due to dry mouth.” Besides the mouth tasting like a desert, plaque builds up easily on teeth and dental visits can be generally unpleasant. Since using Biotene regularly, I no longer experience severe symptoms and my dental appointments are much better. Biotene will always have a place in my medicine cabinet!
MacZoomWaterfastLash
Mac Zoom Waterfast Lash Mascara

Mac’s Zoom Waterfast is one of my holy grail mascaras. The brush is perfect (not too big---I hate huge mascara wands), it’s really black, it provides great volume and it doesn’t smudge or flake. And at $16, it’s priced in the mid range, which doesn’t make me hurt when I hand over my debit card. I’ve purchased this twice this year and I will continue to purchase it as long as it still works for me!
two eyeliners
Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2 in 1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Without a doubt, the is the best drugstore liquid eye liner hands down! It’s pigmented, incredibly easy to use and doesn’t smudge. This liner works better than many high end liners that cost a lot more. It’s a bargain at $10.99 and is available in brown and two shades of black. I have it in black and brown and will be replacing my empty tubes this month!
Clinique Take Off The day cleansing Balm
Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

Gosh I love this stuff. In fact, ever since I ‘met” this product, I have been in love! It unscented, smooth and removes my makeup with ease. The lack of scent is really significant in products like these as most of them are bogged down by heavy perfumes. Sure, I love a good fragrance just like anyone else but there’s something clean and simple about this product. Take the Day Off will always be on my counter!
Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara
Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara

This is my other holy grail mascara. It provides volume like no other (well, maybe except Chanel but sometimes that smudges on me) and has yet to smudge or flake (even on my lower lashes). I particularly love the small wand, which let’s me pay special attention to my lower lashes during the few times that I wear mascara there. This better never get discontinued--I won’t be able to go on! Like the Mac Zoom Waterfast, I’ve replenished my stock of this twice this year. A definite winner!

So there you have it---my latest empties! Do you use any of these products? Will you re-purchase when they run out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)