Thursday, October 17, 2013

Travel Tip: Makeup Sticks and Pencils

Stick Makeup 1
As you’re reading this post, I’m on the beach in St. Thomas, taking advantage of an incentive trip that I earned for my team’s performance this past fiscal year. While I was preparing for the trip, I started thinking about what makeup products I normally travel with and thought that I would try to create a makeup look that was made up of nothing but cosmetics in a solid form (with the exception of mascara), which would make traveling so easy!. I also wanted to just use products that I already had in my collection. Here’s what I came up with.
Solid Makeup face 1
It turns out I had loads of options! First of all, I chose the Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free stick foundation in 120 (slightly too light for me but see here for my review). Not only does it glide onto the skin, but it doesn’t spill or break apart while traveling (unlike some of my liquids or powders). Then I used L’Oreal’s True Match Concealer Sticks in N 1-2-3 and N 6-7-8 for concealer and contouring. After that, it was on to Bobbi Brown’s Sheer Color Cheek Tint (review here). Finally, I used the Nars The Multiple in Copacabana to highlight the cheekbones and my cupid’s bow. So far so good! They took me almost no time to apply!
Swatches 1
L’Oreal True Match concelaer sticks in N 1-2-3 and N 6-7-8, Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick in 120, Bobbi Brown Sheer Cheek Tint in Sheer Cherry and Nars The Multiple Copacabana

Stick Makeup 2
The eyes were even easier! I used three different Sephora Jumbo Shadow Sticks in Khaki, Matte Dark Brown and Beige. Matte Dark Brown was applied all over my lid and into the crease, then blended out with a brush. Then I added Khaki into the crease and out towards the edges, forming a “V” (this was also blended with a brush) and then beige on the brow bone and on the tear duct! Super simple! Then I used my Urban Decay Eye Pencil in Perversion on the upper lash line and the IT Cosmetics Brow Power to fill in my eyebrows for a bold brow look.

Solid Makeup face 3
Naars Velvet Gloss Baroque
Last but not least, I used the Nars Velvet Gloss Pencil in Baroque on my lips. The whole thing took eight minutes, making it both travel friendly and schedule friendly!
Solid Makeup face 2
What are your favorite products for travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)