Thursday, August 1, 2013

Product Review: Dior Show Mascara

Dior Show Mascara
I have always heard Dior Show Mascara referred to as an “iconic” product. Prior to this year, I purchased my mascara at drugstores and had been very satisfied with L’Oreal’s Voluminous Mascara. Once that began to smudge on me (*eyebrow raised*), I branched out to other mascaras, including high end options. But it wasn’t until last week that I tried Dior Show, when I received a deluxe sample from Sephora. Read on for my thoughts.

Brush
Dior Show is promoted as a “runway mascara with extreme volume and a “lash-extension effect.” I wore it in the color Catwalk Black for a week and while I don’t feel that it lives up to its marketing, I do think it is a good mascara. For me, there are three things that make a great mascara: it doesn’t smudge when worn on upper or lower lashes, it’s buildable to great volume in no more than two coats and it allows lashes to achieve spectacular length. Since I prefer a “lashy” look, I really found Dior Show to provide more of a natural look that is neither spectacular in length nor very volumizing. For me, it was more of a natural, “fluttery” look after two coats. All of that being said, though, it DID NOT smudge!!! Yeah!

Dior Show eyes
So I do like Dior Show but would I buy it again (or buy a full size tube)? Probably not. In my opinion, there are better mascaras out there (I’m looking at you, Trish McEvoy and Mac Zoom Waterfast), some that cost less and some more. Dior Show is available at Sephora for $25 in Black, Brown and Blue.

Have you tried Dior Show? What’s your opinion?

Ages of Beauty rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)