Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Great Drugstore Mascara Project Part 2!


Drugstore Mascara 1
My brain fog is almost entirely gone, thank goodness, and now I’m going thru my backlog of testing as I move back into blogging. I know I mentioned that I have a huge number of pictures, products that have been tested and entire blush lines that I’ve worn and filmed. Since mascara (the non-smudging kind) is near and dear to my heart, it’s about time I posted the follow up to my search for a great drugstore mascara! Click here to see Part 1.

Round two consisted of the following ten (!!!) drugstore mascaras:
  • Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof (orange tube)
  • L’Oreal Double Extend Waterproof
  • Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Cat Eyes (yellow tube)
  • Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof (pink and green tube)
  • Almay One Coat Thickening Waterproof
  • CoverGirl Bombshell Volume
  • L’Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions
  • Elf Lengthening & Volumizing
  • Neutrogena Healthy Volume Waterproof
  • L’Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Waterproof
Again, in this bunch I found that the word “waterproof” really meant nothing as many of these smudged just as much as their non-waterproof counterparts. Out of this bunch, there were four winners and they are:

Denise’s Drugstore Picks for Non-Smudging Mascara (Part 2)
  • Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof (pink and green tube)
  • L’Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions
  • L’Oreal Double Extend Waterproof
  • L’Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Waterproof
I’m really glad to find not one, but THREE L’Oreal mascaras that don’t smudge. The real surprise, though, is the Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof. For years I couldn’t figure out why people loved the regular great lash as it was a smudgy mess on me despite years of trying to “believe it” into submission. The waterproof version of this cult classic is the bomb, though! Awesome!!!

I’m done with testing drugstore mascaras for awhile as I’ve found some great inexpensive, smudgeproof choices. Are any of these your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)