Tuesday, September 17, 2013

10 High End Products Worth A Splurge!

Over the past nine months or so (and even longer for some of these products), I’ve been able to use some really great high end products (and, unfortunately, some that are not so great). I thought it was time that I put together a list of products that are worth the splurge. Some of these are just slight splurges for most people and some are pretty big splurges. Over the next couple of weeks, I’ll post reviews of those that I have not yet covered.
First Five High End Products
1. YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation

At $55 per bottle, Yves St. Laurent’s newest foundation is not easy on the wallet, but it’s really beautiful and especially appropriate for aging skin. I’ve been wearing this a lot lately and can’t wait to tuck in to a proper review. If you’re looking for a new foundation and are willing to shell out some cash for a truly wonderful finish, check this one out at your local Sephora or in your favorite department store. More to come on this fabulous foundation!

2. Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Rose Initiale

I love this rose-scented, medium pink, cool toned powder blush! For about the past year (or maybe a little longer), this little blush has brightened my face with its cheery, sweet flush. I’m sure it’s my imagination but I just feel prettier when I wear this product. Mine was purchased at the Chanel counter in my local Nordstrom for $43. You can also purchase it directly from Chanel at their website.

3. Lorac Pro Palette

The eye shadows in this palette are absolutely glorious! Even though it’s been out for awhile, I waited until just a few weeks ago to purchase it and I couldn’t be happier with this acquisition! This one will be the source of a post this week. Keep checking back!!! Available for $42 at the Sephora website (they took this brand out of my local store) and Ulta, where I purchased it.

4. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Hellooooo, Lover!!! This primer is my Holy Grail (HG) face primer. Yes, it’s expensive at $52 for the larger, 1 ounce size but, in my opinion, it is so worth it! A review is pending but if you’re in the market for a new primer NOW, get thee to Sephora and either get them to provide a free sample for you to try or purchase the travel size for $18. You won’t be sorry!!!

5, Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder

I use this powder almost every day that I apply makeup! It is absolutely beautiful on the skin and in photos (see my review here). I like it so much that I use it in both the loose and pressed version (which I keep in my purse). Available at Sephora for $34.
Second Five High end Products
6. Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Illusiore

I have been lusting over this eyeshadow since it came out probably two years ago but just purchased it about two weeks ago. It’s purply taupy-ness is absolutely gorgeous! although I haven’t yet actually worn it, I will be doing so very soon and will report back with swatches. I purchased it at Nordstrom for $36.

7. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

This beautiful, light reflecting powder diffuses light and softens the skin in a magical way. I use it after my finishing powder and love its impact on my complexion. It’s been in my collection for almost a year so it’s high time I posted a review!! Available at Sephora for $45 in six luminous colors.

8. Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara

This mascara is, by far, the best freaking mascara I have ever worn (I reviewed it here). Yes, I know it retails for $31 at Nordstrom and normally, I would NEVER spend that much for a mascara but this one is worth every penny and I continue to re-purchase. If you want a jet black, hugely volumizing, non smudging mascara (on your upper AND lower lashes), this one is for you!

9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel

Here’s yet another one of my Holy Grail products that I haven’t reviewed! This brow gel is the only thing I’ve found that can tint my grey and white eyebrow hairs back to their natural color and not flake off during the day. I purchase it at Sephora for $22 and it is available there in six shades (my color is Espresso). Oddly enough, people stop me on the street and ask about my eyebrows. I guess when you’re my age and the eyebrows look natural and don’t contain any white or gray, that resonates with people! Anyway, they do ask and I do recommend. Stay tuned for a review on this shortly!

10. Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Jewel Lipstick Compact in Gigolo

This gorgeous lipstick is pretty new for me but has already impressed the socks off of me! Gigolo is a burgundy wine color that will look great with fall fashions. I’m all set to go on a review for this one but if you’re dying to purchase it, get it at Sephora for $49.50 (yeah, I know---a $50 lipstick---but it’s soooooo good!).

How about you? Are there any high end products that you just can’t live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)