Friday, June 28, 2013

Product Review: Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Eye Quad in Textured Rose

Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Rose

I’ve been a fan of Sonia Kashuk’s brushes for years but had not tried her makeup line until recently. My first purchase was the Monochrome Eye Quad in Textured Rose. I mentioned my use of this eyeshadow in my “Rose Gold and a Tan” post here. This product promises soft, blendable eye shadows in matte, subtle shimmer, metallic sheen and sparkle shades. I was very curious and anxious to try it out!

Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Rose Upper Left Velvet Matte---upper left pan

Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Rose Upper Right
Subtle Shimmer –upper right pan

Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Rose Lower Left
Metallic Sheen---lower left pan

Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Rose Lower Right
Sparkle---lower right pan

I found each color to be very soft with mostly a lighter pigment. Each shade was fairly blendable with the most being the matte shade and the least being the sparkle shade (but all were acceptable). Despite what looks large chunks of glitter in the picture above, the sparkle shade was very wearable, particularly in the tear duct and inner eyelid areas, which is great for women our age. Even the “metallic” wasn’t so obnoxious to render it un useable. In fact, it was probably my favorite finish in the quad. Although it’s difficult to build any kind of real intensity with this quad, Textured Rose is a great option, on it’s own, for a subtle summertime look. During the cooler seasons, it will be a great compliment to more pigmented, darker shades.

Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Rose swatches Velvet Matte, Subtle Shimmer, Metallic, Sparkle

As far as wear time is concerned, I had no creasing after eight hours but minor fading after four (I have moderately oily eyelids and shadows tend to crease easily on me without a primer).

Eyeshadow Velvet Matte on lids, Metalllic in crease and Sparkle in tear duct area

Overall, I do like this eye quad for a subtle, sheer look. In fact, I am probably going to purchase at least one of the other three colors to try out as well!
Sonia Kashuk’s Monochrome eye Quad can be found at Target for $13.69. It is also available in colors Textured Cocoa, Textured Mauve and Textured Taupe.

Have you tried this product? What do you think?

Ages of Beauty rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)