Monday, June 17, 2013

Rose Gold and a Tan

Not too long ago, I came across a video by one of my favorite YouTube makeup gurus, Emily Noel. In this video, Emily showed some rose gold colored cosmetics (you can see the video here) that I just had to try!


I’m doing something this summer that I have never really successfully done---self tanner! The St. Tropez self tanning mousse that I reviewed a few weeks ago (here) is working so well and, let me tell you, rose gold colored makeup looks GREAT with a tan!

The Balm Hot Mama 1


For this look, I’m using several products that Emily mentions in her video. They are as follows:
  • The Balm’s Hot Mama Blush ($20.00 at The Balm)
  • Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien ($25.00 at Sephora)
  • elf Pout Perfecter ($3.00 at elf)
  • Sonia Kashuk Monochrome eye Quad in Textured Rose ($13.69 at Target)
  • L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush ($6.99 at Target)
I’ll be reviewing these products over the next couple of days so check back. Here are a few more pictures to give you an idea of what you can do with this color.



Eyes L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush on inner lid and tear duct area

Closed Eyes
Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Color Quad in Textured Rose. I used the lower left hand corner shadow on the outer lids and in the crease


Rikugian and elf pout perfector
Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien all over lip; elf Pout Perfecter on middle of bottom and top lips

I have a couple of other rose gold products that I’ll review as well. Have you been wearing this color? What are you using?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)