Friday, April 12, 2013

Product Review: Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder





















I think I mentioned that I'm currently working remotely from my normal remote office in VA. I'm in Florida with my parents and there are some issues I'm helping them with. It's a bit stressful around here and I missed blogging on Thursday. Let's see if I can get back in the swing of things with a couple of blog entries for Friday!

A couple of months ago, I reviewed Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation here. At the time, I didn't purchase the coordinating powder but I've recently done that and have been wearing it a lot. Click below to find out what I think!




I purchased the Nearly Naked powder in Light/Pale for $7.49 at Target. It looks quite a bit darker in the pan than it does on the skin. In the foundation, my color is Nude
 and the Light colored powder works well but I could easily use the Fair shade just as well.




The case itself is pretty much no frills. There is a decent sized mirror and the size of the powder pan is a good value. Revlon also includes a spongy type of pad to apply the powder but I find that a brush works a lot better (I carry a retractable brush in my purse). 



I really like the feel of the powder. When I swatch it on my finger, it feels silky, like a much more expensive powder. On the face, it glides on and does a great job at setting concealer, etc. The nicest thing is that it doesn't give a "powdery" look, which can be deadly on aging skin. It really does seem like a pretty bare finish. 

Revlon's Nearly Naked Powder is available at your favorite drugstore in the following shades:

  • Fair
  • Light
  • Medium
  • Medium Deep
  • Deep
  • Dark
With a regular retail price of $7.99, this is a GREAT value! I've been wearing it for almost two weeks straight during my stay in Florida and it holds up really well.

Wearing Nearly Naked Powder in Light over Color Stay Whipped Foundation in Buff
Have you tried Nearly Naked Powder?

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)