Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Product Review: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation












Revlon has launched it'sline of foundations and powders, apparently to compete with Urban Decay's foundations with a similar name ($38).This very affordable (I paid a little over $7.00, I believe) liquid foundation offers a light, natural coverage that let's your skin show through. It's not cakey or heavy in any way and looks really great on the skin. I will say that with my dry skin, I do have to add some extra moisturizer and it's not as emollient as I usually like in a liquid foundation but it looks nice and doesn't dry me out. I did not need to use powder with this foundation. Normal to slightly oily skin should do well with this. Oily skin will definitely have to apply powder.



The color selection isn't as extensive as the Urban Decay line but about what you'd expect from a drugstore foundation. Revlon does have a really nice "color finder" on its website here (and it's supposed to be in the stores as well, but my Target didn't have it) that asks whether you have light, medium or dark skin and then helps you figure out your undertone (cool or warm). Once you've answered those questions, the color finder will give you two or three options. The options offered to me were Ivory and
. I ended up buying Ivory, which was slightly too light for me so will be going back for the darker color.

I like applying foundation with a brush but this one also works well with fingers or a wet sponge. It is sheer, though, and not buildable but if you want a light evening out of your skin tone, or a "no makeup" look, this is a really good choice!




Color options are as follows:

  • Ivory

  • Vanilla
  • Shell
  • Fresh Beige
  • Natural Beige
  • True Beige
  • Sun Beige
  • Medium Beige
  • Warm Beige
  • Natural Tan
  • Nutmeg
  • Chestnut
  • Cappucino
  • Toast
  • Caramel
Check it out. It's great for a really natural look!

Ages of Beauty Rating: **** 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)