Monday, March 24, 2014

Missing Home

As I've written in several posts, my family is experiencing a challenge dealing with my father's health crisis. The things we've learned about our nation's healthcare system and it's inner workings where elder care is concerned is absolutely mind blowing. At some point, I will write about it and share some tips about navigating the system but that will have to be for another day. Right now, I'm thinking about the people I miss, namely my family members (including the furry ones).

Since Christmas Day, I have spent exactly seven days in my home, with my husband and the kids. The other time has either been spent on business trips or (the vast majority), at my parents' home in Florida. I've missed Valentine's Day, my stepson's birthday, Spring Break...and it looks like I will probably also miss Easter and possibly my birthday in May. Most of all, I miss my husband, who has been so patient with me throughout this ordeal. He is my rock, my strength and my biggest supporter in doing what he also believes is right for my parents.

There are two "people" whom I also miss with all of my heart, my babies Bentley and Bailey. Fortunately, my family shares the happenings in Virginia via the trusty iPhone!




These two bright, shining stars provide us with so much happiness!! It's especially bittersweet because we had to put down my parents' sweet Labbie boy, Josh, three weeks ago, and it is true that a home doesn't feel quite right without a dog. 

I'm looking forward to the day when I can get down on the floor and play with both of them, hugging and teasing and rough housing. Dogs are definitely people too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)