Monday, February 24, 2014

My Current Obsessions


14-lead
Picture via

I’ve had a lot on my plate lately but still have time to learn about and indulge some of my favorite obsessions. Here’s what I’m loving lately!

image

Talbots Slimming Heritage Colored Denim Ankle
Jeans

I discovered these just last week and immediately purchased four pair! Although they are not exactly ankle jeans on me, they fit beautifully and live up to their “slimming” description. At $79.50, they’re great quality. These jeans are available in Misses, Petites, Women’s Plus and Women’s Plus Petite sizes. Plus they come in six great colors (including white---if you’re looking for white jeans, you MUST check these out). Find them on the Talbots website here or at your local Talbots store!

image

Candy Crush

Have you heard of Candy Crush? Chances are you have or you know at least one person who plays it. For those of you who don’t know it, Candy Crush (or Candy Crack, as I call it) is like our generation’s version of a video game that is every bit as addictive as the subject of its name! I started playing it about a week and a half ago, as the stress from my parents health situation progressed (click here for more on that). Any time I got a little too stressed out or needed to clear my head, I fired up my iPad and went to work, making matches for candies, bombs, stripes and wraps! As of this evening, I’m on level 135, which is pretty good for such a short period of time. If you want to have some fun, go to your handy dandy app store or visit the Candy Crush website here!

COS_2

Cosmetic Formulation

This one really plays to my inner geek. One of my latest, favorite things is to research which ingredients are used in beauty products, why they are in a particular product and what they do. That has lead to me actually formulating some products for my own use. I’ve recently written about a lip balm that I made (see my post here) and this week, I’ll provide a recipe for a great acid based toner that you can make as well. I’ve also made a shampoo that needs a bit more work. Today, I made a mineral foundation from scratch (yes it’s actually really easy to do) and will be testing it out on my business trip this week. I love learning about new things and putting that knowledge to good use!

092408organize-01
Picture via

Organizing

I have such a love/hate relationship with organizing. Right now it’s love. I was at my parents’ home in Florida for two and a half weeks. Part of that time, I spent deep cleaning their home, reorganizing their storage shed and setting up and cleaning their outdoor furniture. There was something very satisfying about getting rid of the junk and putting everything in its place. I’m sure it had something to do with control---seeing as how I couldn’t control what was happening to my parents but could control the physical space we all inhabited. Of course, once I returned home on Friday, I took one look at my home and decided I would really need to get on the ball quickly! If you have any favorite organizational tips, send them my way!



Finding Non-Smudging Drugstore Mascaras

This one is a true obsession! I am absolutely determined to find which drugstore mascaras are actually non-smudging. For the last three weeks, I’ve tried over twenty new-to-me drugstore mascaras that claim to be waterproof or smudge-proof. Fortunately, I’ve found four or five that actually do the trick and I’ll be writing about that within the next week. If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s a smudgy mascara but I’m pleased to say I’ve found some affordable products that just may become “holy grail” products for me!

Stay tuned for more as I attempt to get back into my normal schedule this week. Although I do have a business trip (leaving very early morning morning), I hope to ease back in to blogging.

What are your current obsessions? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)