Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Little Bit of Sparkle on a Gray Winter Day


Illamasqua Raindrops Nail Polish

Gray has been my go to neutral this season and I’ve especially enjoyed wearing gray nail polish. A few months ago, I stumbled across Illamasqua’s Raindrops Nail Varnish during one of my Sephora expeditions and it was just this past week when I finally wore it. Read on to hear more!

Illamasqua Raindrops Nail Varnish 2

My timing was interesting. I originally applied Rain Drops on a cold winter’s day, when I was looking for a “gray with something different” to go with a darker gray outfit. Within an hour, I was making reservations to fly to Naples,Fl later that afternoon (due to my father’s health crisis, which I wrote about here). Walking out the door, I grabbed a bottle of hot pink polish, which I thought would work better in Florida’s tropical climate. That day I left temperatures in the twenties for temperatures in the eighties. Would Raindrops fit with warm weather fashion and makeup?

Illamasqua Raindrops Nail Varnish 3

Well, it turns out that it did! Raindrops is a light, happy, slightly sparkly nail varnish that appears to be a chameleon. Under lower light conditions, it is a light, sparkly fairly neutral gray. In full sun, Raindrops takes on a light blue-ish cast and shines brilliantly, it’s silver glimmer accented with the colors of its surroundings.

Illamasqua Raindrops Nail Varnish 4

Raindrops offers just a little something extra that feels special and unexpected. I wore two coats and the color was still slightly see through and almost ethereal, making this color a great choice for any time of year. It also wore very nicely, lasting for four days without chipping (which is great for me). You can find Illamasqua’s Raindrops Nail Varnish at Sephora for $17. Check it out and lift your winter doldrums!

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)