Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage: Miracle in a Compact!

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
I love a good concealer and if you read my post from a few days about my Radiesse injections (click here), you know I was in dire need of a coat of spackle for about a week! Fortunately, there are some great products on the market and Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage is absolutely one of the best. To me, this is one of those miracle products that when I need it, it’s the only thing that will satisfy me. A highly pigmented, dual colored concealer, this product works like crazy. Read on for pictures and more!
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage colors
The idea behind Secret Camouflage is that each compact contains two colors—one for the depth of color and the second for the undertone. This allows you to custom blend the perfect shade of concealer for you. This stuff is REALLY pigmented and a little goes a long way. At first, the surface of the compact feels very dry and you may think that it’s hard to blend/spread. What it really needs to do is warm up, which you can accomplish by warming it on your fingers. The more you use Secret Camouflage, the easier it is to spread so there’s a little patience involved as well. The good news is that it is worth the wait---I’ve yet to find something that it can’t cover. From blemishes (little ones or full on spots) to melasma to under eye circles, this stuff is dead on. The key is to use just a small amount, use the right color (you can get matched at your local Sephora or department store), and blend!

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage 2
SC 1, SC 2, SC 3
In my collection, I have the three lightest colors, SC 1, SC 2 and SC 3. I most often use SC 2 but, depending where the blemish is and the time of the year, I may use the others (SC 1 for anything on my neck and SC 3 when I have a slight tan). Because my skin is dry, I find that it usually won’t work for me under my eyes (although in the summer, this is my go to choice) but I used it extensively to cover up the marks and bruising from my Radiesse injections. As a reminder, here’s what I looked like before and after Secret Camouflage:
Before & After Secret Camouflage
The before picture was actually taken two days before the after picture and by that time, the bruising and marks were much darker than what I’m showing here. Secret Camouflage did a great job at covering up almost all of my marks. I’m not even wearing much foundation (the lighting in the after picture is different) and I blended out the concealer well. It looked really good and no one could even tell I had anything done.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage swatches
SC 1, SC 2, SC 3
Each compact contains a large amount of product and retails for $32. It can be applied using fingers only or a brush. Depending on the area that I’m covering, I’ll apply it to larger areas with my fingers and then “pat” the edges to blend. For small blemishes or spots, I use a tiny brush and then blend out the edges as needed. Set the concealer with a translucent powder and you’re done! Laura Mercier claims that this product will last for eight hours but I’ve actually seen it last a lot longer. When I was in Denver a a few weeks ago, it easily lasted over twelve hours for me (could be because of my dryer skin).

Secret Camouflage is definitely a “love” product for me and I’m giving it my highest rating! Have you ever tried this product? What do you think of it?

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)