Friday, November 1, 2013

Brighten Up Your Eyes!

Mac Rimmel Nars MUFE Nude Eye Pencils
Sometimes I need a little bit of help brightening my face and when I do, I reach for a light colored eye pencil. Ladies with light to medium dark complexions should look to white to medium nude pencils; those with darker skin can brighten the skin with a darker nude. There are a number of brands on the market (drugstore to high end) that make this really easy! Read on for a few that I have in my collection.
Mac Rimmel Nars MUFE Nude Eye Pencils swatches
Mac Chromographic NC15/MW20;  Make Up For Ever Awua Eyes 23L; Nars Larger Than Life in Rue Bonaparte; Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Nude
Mac Chromographic Pencil NC15 NW20
Mac’s Chromographic Pencils are great for brightening the waterline. They are creamy yet manage to be long lasting on the lower waterline. I purchased the NC15/NW20 pencil but it’s available in skin tones up to NC42/NW35, which will work for ladies with darker complexions. Purchase this for $16 at Mac online here.
MUFE Aqua Eyes 23L
Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Eyes in 23L is a waterproof pinky pearl pencil that looks lovely on many skin tones. It glides on smoothly and lasts quite a long time. MUFE has a great selection of waterproof eye pencils at Sephora. For $19, this pencil is a great buy! Check it out here.
Nars Larger than Life Rue Bonaparte
One of my latest discoveries in this categories is the Nars Larger Than Life Long Wear Eye Pencil in Rue Bonaparte. This creamy, luxurious pencil is probably the best of the bunch when it comes to longevity. Although I haven’t seen 12 hours of wear, it definitely lasts longer than any of the pencils I own. Rue Bonaparte is available here at Sephora for $24.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Nude
Definitely the best bargain of the bunch at $4.49 (available in drugstores), Rimmel’s Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude glides onto the lower water line smoothly and lasts without smudging. This one is my bargain pick for drugstore eyeliners and I own them in every color available. Nude works particularly well to brighten the face and for this price, it’s a great pick for those of you not sure about nude eyeliner. Try it out—you won’t be sorry!
Nude Eye Pencil Face

Nude Eye Pencil Eyes
In the picture's above, I’m wearing Nars Rue Bonaparte. These nude pencils are a real “pick me up” when I’m feeling less than awake!

Do you have any tricks to brighten your face? Have you tried nude eyeliners? Do tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)