Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Tag

keep-calm-and-quit-procrastinating 
Image via

The “Procrastinating Blogger Tag” is something I saw on Emily Eddington’s blog, Beauty Broadcast, and I thought it would be fun to do. It gives you a little bit of an idea about me over and above what I usually write on the blog. Check it out!

Name a Beauty routine that you rarely do

Hmmm…something I rarely do…I would have to sat that I rarely blow dry my hair. I know that sounds weird but it’s true. I absolutely HATE to use a blow dryer! Part of the reason is that I have a ton of hair. It is so thick that it takes forever to dry, even when I section it off and use a brush to straighten it. Normally, I just wash it and let it go for a few hours. Then, depending on whether I’ve recently had a keratin straightening treatment or if it’s towards the end of its life, I will either brush it straight or use a flat iron (again I have to section it off). I also don’t wash my hair every day and that keeps it from drying out.

Is washing your make-up brushes something you do regularly?

Yes. My general routine is to spot clean each brush with a home made brush cleaning solution after I use them. To do that, I spray a folded up paper towel with the brush cleaning solution and then I brush the brush (that I’ve already used) against the paper towel to do a quick clean. Once a week, I do a thorough washing of any brush I’ve used that week. For that, I take them all to my bathroom and use either shampoo or the Rainbath shower gel that I keep at the sink (I love how it smells!). When I’m done, I lay them on their sides at the edge of the sink to dry over night.

Brush Cleaning

How long will you last with chipped nail polish?

Usually no more than a few hours. I absolutely HATE chipped polish! When I travel, I always take colored polish and top coat with me or I will do a shellac manicure before I leave. Sometimes, even when doing that, I’ll take a closely matched regular polish with me in case it break a nail (which I often do since I’m really hard on my nails when traveling).

Polished Nails

How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?

Generally I don’t although I will say that I rarely ever “need” anything (it’s more like a “want”). To be honest, I have so many beauty products that it’s kind of a scandal. I don’t even know how I can possibly ever run out of everything!

What is your worst beauty habit?

My worst beauty habit…other than buying too many products?? I really can’t think of anything! Let me keep thinking about this…

Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?

I’m always putting off returning things that I need to return like dupes of beauty products that I’ve purchased in error (usually from Mac’s website—I tend to have issues with that one). Sometimes it’s products that don’t work or foundation colors that I’ve chosen in error (I did just successfully send off a package today, though). For some reason, it’s like pulling teeth to get the item packaged up and sent off at the post office.

When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?

Sometimes I do. If I’ve been working all day (I work out of a home office), and my husband and I decide to go out to dinner, I have no problem throwing on some real clothes, brushing my hair, putting on some mascara and lipstick and then going. For special, planned occasions, I will often take a couple of hours to get ready and go all out!

Can you commit to spending bans?

I did one earlier in the year (January, I think?) and it’s time to do another one!


How organized are your make up and nail polish collections?

I would say they are pretty well organized. My collection is housed in several rolling bins with drawers. There are drawers for foundation, lip colors (drawers separated by color family), eye products, bins with lip and eye pencils, a couple of drawers for eye palettes, blushes, bronzers, etc. My nail polishes are in plastic bins by color (and those are organized by brand). Every couple of weeks I grab a few to take to my office (I usually have about 20 on my desk in a basket) so that when I feel like changing my polish (usually while on a conference call), I can do it on a moment’s notice!

Nail Polish Bottles

Makeup Storage

Well that was fun, and hopefully you enjoyed learning a little about me! How would you answer these questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)