Thursday, October 3, 2013

Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain in Gigolo

G041158_7

It’s that time of year when we change things up a bit and darker, bolder lipsticks become our “go-to” shades. This year, I splurged a  bit and purchased the coveted Guerlain Rouge G lipstick in Gigolo. I’m a fan of color in all areas of my life and this much color on my lips is no exception. Read on for pictures and swatches!

Guerlain Rouge G lipstick 1

The Rouge G formula is very moisturizing and contains hyaluronic acid and wild mango butter, leaving the lips soft and smooth. According to Guerlain, ruby powder is added for radiance. This lipstick glides onto the lips and is so comfortable that it is an absolute pleasure to wear! Incredibly pigmented, I find it necessary to either line the lips with a colored lip pencil or outline the lips with a clear pencil (from either Make Up For Ever or Rimmel). That way, the pigment does not run and the lip line stays defined and tidy.

Guerlain Rouge G Gigolo swatch

Gigolo is a beautiful, deep burgundy red shade that is both luminous and nuanced. Depending on how it’s applied (blotted on the lips as a stain or opaquely), it can sometimes show a hint of deep pink along with the red as well as very dark blackberry tones. The color can be enhanced with a colored lip pencil and slightly altered. When a gloss is added to the center of the lips, Gigolo becomes even more dynamic. It’s the perfect shade for fall!

Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick case

All Rouge G lipsticks also come in a beautiful case. With a simple click, the case pops open, revealing a handy mirror. This is definitely one lipstick I won’t be adding to my Z Palette!

Guerlain Rouge G Gigolo 2

Gigolo has recently become one of my favorite lipstick shades and the Guerlain Rouge G formula my favorite lipsick. This one will get lots of wear this fall! Gigolo is available for $49.50 at Sephora and wherever Guerlain products are sold.

Have you tried Gigolo? How much do you love it?

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)