Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lorac Pro Palette---LOVE!!!!!

Lorac Pro Palette 1

Lorac Pro Palette
I waited awhile to purchase the Lorac Pro Palette and I’m glad I did. This has given me the opportunity to really play with it and compare it to a lot of other palettes on the market. I have to say---the Lorac Pro eye shadow palette is VERY high quality and is actually a great value. For $42, you get eight matte eye shadows (which I LOVE!!!) and eight shimmery (but not too shimmery) shades---all of which are very pigmented. I purchased mine at Ulta (here’s a link) and also received a deluxe sample of Behind the Scenes eye primer (which I haven’t tried yet). In my opinion, there is literally not a single “miss” in this palette. Each one is buttery, smooth and colorful. Keep reading for pictures and swatches.

Mattes
First Four mattes
White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink (matte)
Lorac Pro Palette First Four Matte
White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink (matte)

Second four mattes
Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black (matte)
Lorac Pro Palette Second Four Matte
Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black (matte)

Shimmers
First four shimmers
Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze (shimmer)
Lorac Pro Palette First Four Frost
Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze (shimmer)

second four shimmers
Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate (shimmer)
Lorac Pro Palette Second Four Frost
Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate (shimmer)

I photographed three different looks, each one more dramatic than the last. The number of combinations possible with this combo aren’t quite endless, but may as well be. There’s a lot you can do with this!

Look #1

Look 1 is the most natural of the three looks and is more of an “everyday” option. For this look, I used Cream on the inner half of the eye and Taupe on the outer half. Taupe was also blended into the crease and onto my hooded area. I patted Sable into the crease and blended Espresso onto the outside part of the lid and up into the crease to give more depth and lift. Then I placed a bit of Lt. Bronze onto the center of the lid and a little bit of Nude in the tear duct area. Taupe was used to line the outer half of the lower lash line and Lt. Bronze was applied from the middle of the lower lash line in towards the tear duct. I also placed a tiny bit of Espresso at the very outside edge of the lower lash line. Finally, I used Cream under the eyebrow.
Look 1 a

Look 1 b

Other products used: CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara, CoverGirl Ink It eyeliner in Black Ink along the upper lashes, Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso, Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Groenland, Mac Concealer in NW20 and NC30.

Look #2

Look 2 is more dramatic and uses pinks, purples and grays. For this one, I applied Lt. Pink on the lid and Mauve on the outer half of the lid and into the crease. Then I used the Deep Purple in the outer crease and brushed it down onto the outer lid so that if formed a “V.” Slate was built up in the same area (outer edge and into crease). By building it up color by color, you get a very dimensional look. The more you blend out the edges, the softer it looks. Because I have hooded lids, I don’t place anything light right at the widest part of the “hood” (lower brow area) so I extend the darker matte shades up into that area to make it recede. Next I took my Nars Via Veneto Black Eye Pencil and lined the upper lashline. Over that, I brushed on Black shadow. On the lower lash line, I used Slate on the outer half and Nude from the middle in to the tear duct. White was applied right under the arch of the eyebrow.

Look 3 a

Look 3 b
Other products I’ve used here include Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Groenland, Mac NW20 and NC30 Concealer, Nars Loose Powder, Chanel Volume Mascara on upper lashes and Trish McEvoy Mascara on lower lashes, Nars Sin Blush, Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso.

Look #3

Look 3 is the most dramatic and uses more “fall-like” colors. I also purposefully did not completely blend out the edges over the crease to make it more dramatic. With the sharper edges, it would look great in the evening in a festive atmosphere. For a more wearable look, take a clean blending brush and soften the edges.  Another way to do it would be to use a mixture of Cream and Taupe as a transition color. For this look, I used Cream all over the lid and then patted Garnet from the middle of the lid to the outside. I also blended it into the crease and up onto the “hooded” area. Since Garnet is a shimmer shade (but not too shimmery), I wouldn’t normally brush it over the hooded area but I actually like the result. I blended Taupe into the crease and also onto the brow to slightly soften the shimmer. Sable was patted into the outer crease, blended up to lift the eye and then down onto the lid, forming a “V.” I placed a touch of Gold on the middle of the lid where the Garnet and Cream met. Cream was placed under the eyebrow. Using a pencil brush, I applied Espresso in a “V” on the very outer edge of the eye and blended. On the upper lash line, I used my Nars Via Veneto eye pencil and followed that with Black shadow over it. Espresso was applied on the outer edge of the lower lash line and Gold from the middle of the lower lash line to the inside. I finished up with Nude on the tear duct.
Look 2 b

Look 2 a

Other products used: Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Groenland, Mac NW20 and NC30 Concealer, Nars Loose Powder, Chanel Volume Mascara on upper lashes and Trish McEvoy Mascara on lower lashes, Nars Sin Blush, Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso, Illamasqua Hollow as a contour on jawline and under cheekbones, Nars Sin Blush and Nars Rose Gitane lip gloss.

This is an incredibly versatile palette and I highly recommend it! For those of you who already have this palette, what are you favorite looks?

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)