Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hourglass Veil: The Prime(r) of My Life!

Hourglass Veil Minteral Primer
I should have marked the day on my calendar…the day that I discovered Hourglass’s Veil Mineral Primer…my makeup life changed forever! Every time I apply this beautiful liquid, my pores disappear, my skin is smoothed and my makeup lasts longer than ever before! Do you need this primer in your life? Abso-freakin-lutely!!!
Hourglass Veil Minteral Primer 2
Veil Mineral Primer is a thin, oil free liquid that glides onto the skin like liquid silk. A little goes a long way and it feels dry once in contact with the skin. I have no idea how it feels dry when it’s really a liquid but it does (kind of like a “dry oil” feels dry on the skin only this contains no oil). Upon application, the primer has a white cast that seems to dissipate once rubbed into the skin. On my lighter skin, I do not notice any kind of residual “whiteness” but on darker complexions, it very well may leave a white cast. I don’t think that will be an issue, though, because the consistency is so thin and you’ll be applying a foundation over it anyway.
Hourglass Veil Minteral Primer swatch

Hourglass Veil Minteral Primer 4

The applicator is perfect for the primer because it enables the wearer to apply a measured amount. One (or maybe two) pumps is all I need for my whole face. A little goes a long way, which is good because this product costs $52 for a one ounce bottle. There is also a .33 ounce travel size available for $18. Yes, that is a lot of money but Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is SO WORTH IT!!! Now, I have dry skin so I generally don’t have an issue with the oilies after a few hours of applying my foundation. Those of you with oily skin, however, will love this even more than I do! When wearing this primer, I don’t ever have to apply powder to my T zone so I imagine with oilier skin types, it will help you cut down on your touch ups, not to mention make your foundation last longer.

If you are looking for your Holy Grail primer, you owe it to yourself to try this one out. Available at Sephora stores and online.

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)