Thursday, August 22, 2013

Product Review: Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trios

Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trios
Earlier in the summer, I purchased three Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trios that looked soooo pretty in their cases that I just couldn’t wait to try them. Well, I’m finally getting around to reviewing them so here they are! The colors are “Silent Treatment,” “Sweet As Candy” and “Knock on Wood.” My experiences with Wet N Wild eyeshadow has been great! In fact, one of my very favorite base shadows is one of the Color Icon singles (I’m looking at you, Brulee!) and most of the palettes I’ve tried have had the majority of the colors prove to be well pigmented and easily blend able. Read on for my thoughts on these three. 

Sweet As Candy
WNW Sweet As Candy Swatches
Sweet As Candy

This trio consists of a pearly white, a shimmering baby pink and a neutral brown. The swatch picture was taken with the flash on so you can see some shimmer in the white, more shimmer in the pink and the brown doesn’t shimmer that much. Pigmentation is good for the white color, excellent for the pink and a real disappointment for the brown. Both the white and the pink have a buttery feel to them (especially the pink) but the brown is just “blah.” It’s a workable trip but as a crease color, I was never really able to get a suitable color payoff to add any real depth to the eye look. In the third picture, I really had to pack on the shadow to get anything to show up in my crease. Because of my age and hooded eyes, I don’t love the shimmer but it’s usable for the lid and inner corner but not really in the crease or the on brown bone. That being said though, two out of three of the colors are decent and for such an inexpensive shadow trio ($2.99!!!), that’s not bad!

WNW Sweet As Candy eyes
Sweet As Candy

WNW Sweet As Candy Face 2
Sweet As Candy

Ages of Beauty rating for Sweet As Candy: ***

Silent Treatment
WNW Silent Treatment Swatches
Silent Treatment

Ahhhh…Silent Treatment! How I love thee for a “no makeup look!” The lightest color, a peachy beige, is literally “barely there” as it barely shows up on my hand or my eyes. In regular light (no flash), I don’t notice much shimmer in the pan or on my skin. The middle shade, a soft brown is also lacking in the pigment department yet it is lovely with just the faintest shimmer. Oddly enough, the darkest shade, a brown tinged with black, has the most pigment but also applies very patchily. This one includes small pieces of actual glitter visible in the pan but (fortunately) less so on the eyes. It doesn’t blend out as well as the other two shades but it’s still usable.

WNW Silent Treatment Eyes
Silent Treatment

no makeup makeup 3

Ages of Beauty rating for Silent Treatment: ***

Knock On Wood
WNW Knock on Wood Swatches

Knock on Wood contains three duskier shades of mauve, a warm rose and a neutral brown. In the pan, each looks like it contains the tiniest amount of shimmer but it does not appear in the swatches or on the eyes. These are the closest to a matte texture of any of the three palettes. I found each color to be well pigmented, but not overly so. Knock on Wood is more consistent, though, than either of the others. They were easily blendable and simple to apply.

WNW Knock on Wood eyes
Knock On Wood

WNW Knock on Wood Face
Knock On Wood

Ages of Beauty rating for Knock On Wood: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)