Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream

clinique CC Cream

Clinique’s Moisture Surge CC Cream is supposed to provide sheer to moderate coverage and correct redness, dullness, and sallowness. It contains a number of great ingredients including a combination of physical and chemical sunscreens to equal SPF 30 protection. At $35 for a 1.4 ounce tube, this CC cream is on the high end price-wise but performs pretty well for a light coverage foundation (which is how US CC creams come off rather than US BB creams, which are more like tinted moisturizers).


Clinique CC Cream Swatch 1

Clinique CC Cream Swatch 2

I purchased this product in the shade “light” which matches my NW20 skintone well. This shade does, though, run a little bit pink so those with a yellow undertone may not find it blends well. Be sure to get a sample to try before purchasing a whole tube. The consistency is thick and smooth and glides effortlessly over the skin. If you’re looking for something that provides a lot of coverage, however, this is not it! The most coverage I could get out of it was light/medium but as I prefer light coverage, this worked for me.
On my “dryish” skin, I found Moisture Surge just that---very hydrating. Although I powdered my T zone, I probably didn’t need to but slightly oilier complexions will  benefit from a dusting of powder. By pairing this with a good concealer, Clinique’s CC Cream did the job and left my skin glowing!

So far, this is the only CC Cream I have tried and I like it and do recommend it for normal to very dry skin types.

Clinique CC Cream Face
Wearing Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in Light
(there’s nothing wrong with your monitor—my skin really is that pale without self tanner!!)

Moisture Surge is available in the following colors at your favorite department store that carries Clinique and at Sephora.
  • Very Light
  • Light
  • Light/Medium
  • Medium
  • Medium/Deep
  • Deep
Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)