Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick

I’ve been on a Rimmel kick lately and I’m enjoying learning about a brand that I had never really tried before. Earlier in the summer, I picked up three of the Moisture Renew Lipsticks on a whim and I’m glad I did! For $6.99, I found that these lovely lipsticks go on smoothly and impart a rich, moisturizing finish to my lips. My colors are “To Nude or Not to Nude,” “Piccadilly Pink,” and “As You Want Victoria.” Read below for more!

To Nude or Not To Nude is a slightly frosted neutral, peachy pink that is a great looking nude for light skin tones. The shimmer is subtle so it doesn’t look ridiculous on aging lips. I find that a slight sheen can really light up the face and this lipstick does the trick! It’s a great “professional” color for work but will also look great as part of a “no makeup” makeup look. I found the formula nicely moisturizing but not so wet that it slides off the lips. It lasted fairly long (two hours is a long time for me) and it didn’t “tug” on my lips the way some lipsticks do. Very nice!
To Nude or Not To Nude Swatch To Nude or Not To Nude

Rimmel To Nude or Not To Nude
To Nude or Not To Nude

Piccadilly Pink is a really pretty, cool toned medium pink and one of my favorite shades of lipstick. This is a real “go to” color for me and I have found myself reaching for it often. Like To Nude or Not to Nude, this shade has a slight shimmer that is just lovely! Since I have lots of lipsticks in similar shades, I almost didn’t buy it but I’m glad I did. One can never have too many of her favorite pink lipstick and at $6.99. I’ll be coming back to this one as long as Rimmel keeps this shade in it’s line up!
Picadilly Pink swatch
Piccadilly Pink
Rimmel Picadilly Pink
Piccadilly Pink

As You Want Victoria is a gorgeous, bright, pinky red with the same slight shimmer that the other two shades also have. I absolutely love how this color brings attention right to the face! If you’re looking for a dramatic look (if you’re light skinned) this is the one for you! For darker complexions, the impact is still there but will be more of a rosy hue. I pair this one with a more subtle eye and cheeks for an absolutely stunning look.
As you want Victoria swatch

Rimmel As You Want victoria

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so much about this lipstick, it really has been a cult product. The colours looks really strong, which I love, and I like that it is in fact a softening lipstick. Might have to nip to Boots after work ;) x

    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)