Monday, July 8, 2013

Product Review: S’Well Bottles

Swell Bottle red

I was recently introduced to S’Well Bottles when I purchased the Pop Sugar Summer Fun Box (here). To be honest, I was a bit skeptical of the claims that this bottle will keep hot things warm and cold things cold for 24 hours. Recently, I got a chance to put this claim to the test---on a road trip with my parents thru the Arizona desert!
bottlediagram_400x500

S’Well uses what they call “ThermaSwell Technology” to insulate their bottles. Apparently this refers to the double walled stainless steel used for the bottle. The neck of the bottle is big enough for ice cubes and it is capped off with a screw top lid that not only creates a vacuum when sealed but is also replaceable if needed.

Swell bottle colors

S’Well Bottles are eco friendly and easy to use. Amazingly enough, they don’t sweat, which makes them great for a work bag or a gym bag. While using my bottle for either cold iced tea of water, I found absolutely no evidence of sweating, even in extremely high heat!

wine_160x110

S’Well makes its bottles in several sizes, including a wine bottle which will hold a 750 ml bottle of wine. I will definitely be getting one of those! There are also many different finishes and colors available, depending on your preferences. They also will customize bottles for your company or for your special event (S’Well Bottles will make excellent wedding favors or attendant gifts).


I mentioned, above, that they claim that their bottle will keep cold drinks cold for 24 hours (and hot drinks warm) and it does! On a recent trip, with my parents across the Arizona Desert, we were literally “stuck” in Gila Bend, AZ with a generator problem (we were in a motor home). It was 118 degrees in Gila Bend and 90 degrees in the coach. I had forgotten that I’d filled my S’Well bottle before the problem started and when I woke up the next morning, the iced tea in my pink S’Well bottle was ice cold! I can 100% vouch for their claim!

S’Well bottles are reasonably priced at $35 each for the 17 ounce bottle and can be purchased here on the S’Well website. Check them out! You won’t be sorry!

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)