Monday, May 13, 2013

PopSugar Must Have Summer Fun Box

All items

A few days ago, I received my PopSugar Summer Fun Box. This is a special edition box that was released a week or so ago. I purchased it for $100 (the regular boxes cost $35) and I’m impressed with the items included.

Candle

I absolutely love the Henri Bendel Vanilla Bean candle that was included in my box. This candle retails for $30 and it is substantial and sweet smelling. A beautiful, high quality item!

Sarong

The Sachin + Babi Baroque Print Foulard Sarong is made of a beautiful, silky fabric and will look great as a beach cover up! Apparently, this sarong is a new design but you can find more of their items on their website here. Since this design is not on their website, I don’t know the retail price but based on their prices on the site, I would say this item probably retails for $100 or more. It’s really beautiful!

Vitabath

The full sized Vitabath Fresh Citrus Twist Exfoliating Sugar Scrub retails for $18. I love Vitabath products and will really enjoy using this in the shower. This will be especially good to use to exfoliate prior to applying sunless tanning cream.

Bottle

This stainless steel bottle by S’Well is double walled so that cold beverages stay cold for 24 hours and hot ones stay hot for 12. It is also not supposed to sweat on the hands on in a bag.  It retails for $35 at www.wellbottle.com.

Pouch 
I carry a lot of large bags so this Truffle Classic Clarity Pouch will come in handy. Usually I have several smaller pouches inside my purse to keep things organized and this one will work really well when I’m traveling (or going to the beach or pool!). It retails for $38 and while I don’t know that I would pay that much for this on its own (but maybe I would), I’m happy to have it included in the Summer Fun box. You can check out more of Truffle’s products here.

Sunglasses

The most expensive Summer Fun item is a pair of House of Harlow 1960 sunglasses. Those of you who know this brand know that it was started by Nichole Richie. These sunglasses are oversized and very stylish. I received the Lynn style in the color Fog. Since my favorite Oliver Peoples sunglasses finally broke at the ear piece, I’ve been sporting a pair of red shades so I needed a neutral colored pair. These will fit the bill! This particular style retails for $148 and you can find them here.

Refresher

Last but not least, the Summer Fun box includes a box of Starbucks Refreshers in Very Berry Hibiscus, which retails for $5.95.

I’d say for the money I spent, the Summer Fun box was a good value with over $360 (give or take due to the unknown price of the sarong) worth of quality items. It feels like a good value for seven items which i will use for quite awhile.

Have you ventured over to PopSugar’s site and signed up for the Must Have Box? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)