Monday, July 8, 2013

Product Review: Soleil Tan de Chanel

Soleil Tan de Chanel

Chanel’s Soleil de Tan (also known as “Bronze Universel” ) is a very light weight cream bronzer that provides a hint of color to pale to medium skin tones. It’s a product that has been recommended by many You Tube makeup artists, which is where I originally heard about this product.

Chanel Soleil de Tan

Soleil Tan de Chanel open

Chanel’s website describes it as a “light cream-gel bronzer” with a “velvety finish.” That’s a great description as it is, indeed, light and velvety. I have used it as both a contouring cream under cheekbones and along my jaw line as well as a true bronzer to give my skin a hint of color. The staying power is excellent and it looks quite natural on, I believe, all but the very palest of skin tones, where it could look too orangey.

Soleil Tan de Chanel swatch

Since I’ve been using the St. Tropez Self Tanning Mousse this summer, I’ve found that this product is great as an interim “color booster” on my face. I typically use the Jergen’s Self Tanning Lotion on my body but not on my face so this helps as the St. Tropez fades. It works great for this purpose!

There are a couple of things that I really appreciate about Chanel’s Soleil de Tan. One is that I’ve never found another product like it and the other is that a little goes a long way, so it will last forever! That’s good, because at $48, it’s a pricey product. But again, I’m happy to pay that much for such a unique product that will last a long, long time.

Soleil Tan de Chanel face

This product will get year round use for me as a contouring cream in the winter and a bronzer during the summer. Check it out!

Soleil de Tan is available at Nordstrom.com and at Chanel.com.

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)