Friday, April 5, 2013

Product Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup






Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup has been around for awhile (a year?) and I've really been meaning to review it since I think it is fairly unique in the beauty market. Revlon promises a long wearing, flawless look. Does it deliver? Click below to find out!





When I first purchased Colorstay Whipped, I had high hopes. As a makeup junkie with a particular fondness for foundation, I love finding great drugstore products even though my preference is for high end foundations. At the time, I was testing out the "regular" Colorstay in the dry skin formula and was frustrated that no one color really matched my skin (I'm between Ivory and Buff in that formula). The other thing that bugs me about that formula is that it sets so quickly that you have to work in tiny patches in order to blend it out well enough to sheer it out. If you're not quick enough, you end up with a cakey mess (and I'm pretty skilled at applying foundation).




Enter Colorstay Whipped. I purchased it in the Buff color and wondered if I'd have the same issue with colors as the regular formula. Surprisingly, I found Whipped to be slightly lighter and more neutral than the other. Buff actually works very well with my skin as it's not too pink (as is Ivory in the liquid formula) and not too yellow (as is Buff in the liquid). The jar, though, is HUGE, which makes it impractical for traveling, although you can scoop some out into a small pot to take with you. I'm okay with the jar, in general, but some people won't like it because it is unsanitary if you stick your fingers in it.



The texture is odd, almost like jelly but also a little bit "spongy." It applies like a dream, though, and I use both a brush and fingers, depending on what I feel like at the time. I find that Colorstay Whipped is easy to apply sheerly but doesn't really offer sheer coverage. Instead, it offers a nice, natural-looking medium coverage that can be easily built up to full coverage.The texture after setting is a lovely, soft satin finish. It's not dewy, but is not matte either. Wear time is great, and for me it lasts all day (8 hours) at a minimum but really does last at least 12 hours if I happen to be wearing it that long. On my dry skin, Colorstay Whipped hasn't caused any breakouts or flakes. Not sure how oily skins will react, but I think it's probably worth a shot for all those except people with extremely oily complexions.

ColorStay Whipped Creme retails for $13.99 at your favorite drugstore and is available in the following colors:

  • Ivory
  • Buff
  • Sand Beige

  • Natural Beige
  • Medium Beige
  • Warm Golden
  • True Beige
  • Natural Tan
  • Early Tan
  • Rich Ginger
  • Caramel
I'd love to see the color selections expanded to include darker shades for women of color. Caramel, which is supposedly Halle Berry's shade, is not very dark and Revlon is leaving out a large portion of women by not going darker with this foundation. Colorstay Whipped is a lovely foundation which will benefit women of all colors.

Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup is a winner, as far as I'm concerned. I actually don't need to powder this foundation to get it to set and it last all day with no problems. Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?

I'm wearing Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in Buff


Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)