Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Product Review: Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream


Garnier's Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream was the very first non-Asian BB Cream that I purchased when the BB Cream craze hit the U.S.  What do I think of it? Click below to find out!





Garnier's first entry into the BB Cream craze is for dry skin and is available in two colors, Light/Medium and Medium/Deep. I purchased this cream in the Light/Medium shade and have been wearing it, off and on, for about the past year. This formula is very moisturizing and probably will not work for you if you have oily skin (which is why Garnier released an oil free version of this cream, which I will review another day). 

The active ingredient in this BB cream is Octinoxate at 4%, which provides SPF 15. Octinoxate is a sunscreen ingredient that absorbs UVB rays but is apparently not great at blocking UVA rays. This is important to know because UVA rays penetrate the skin more deeply than UVB and thus, play a major role in skin aging and skin cancer. For this reason, one should not rely on sunscreens that only filter UVB rays. Always wear a broad spectrum sunscreen, even when wearing BB Cream.



The Light/Medium shade works well for my skin tone. I really like the smell and the texture of this BB Cream, but it is more like a tinted moisturizer than the Asian BB Creams. It's very thick when coming out of the tube but almost immediately melts into the skin, providing a light coverage. Since I only have minor discoloration and uneven spots, I wear it often. What's really great about this cream is that it doesn't seem to gather in fine lines or wrinkles. I also don't have to set it with powder but if you have slightly oilier skin, you probably should. And if you don't like fragrance in your cosmetics, you will be annoyed with this BB cream. I like the fragrance, however, and it does dissipate after application.

One of the best things about Garnier's BB Cream is the price---at $12.99 for 2.5 fluid ounces, it's a great bargain! You can find it most drugstores.

As a tinted moisturizer, this cream is wonderful. Have you tried Garnier's BB cream for dry skin? What's your opinion?

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)