Thursday, April 4, 2013

Product Review: Bobbi Brown Lilac Rose Collection Lip Gloss


So far, most of Bobbi Brown's Lilac Rose Collection has been a hit for me. Now, I haven't purchased everything in the collection but I loved the nail polish while the eye shadow palette, which was a miss for some, worked for me due to my light complexion. 

What do I think of the two lip glosses I purchased from the collection? Click below to find out!



Lilac Rose lip gloss, top; Pink Lilac Brightening lip gloss, bottom

I purchased the Lilac Rose lip gloss and the Pink Lily Brightening lip gloss from the collection for $24 each. Also available is Pink Lily color in the regular lip loss. All are limited editions.

Lilac Rose is a purple pink while Pink Lily is described as a "pale, icy pink violet." To me, the texture of each is very similar to the other, with the main difference being the amount of "glow" (not really shimmer) that comes from the brightening lip gloss.


Pink Lilac
Lilac Rose




I generally do like the texture of Bobbi's lip glosses. In my opinion, they are sticky but not too sticky to be uncomfortable where I feel like I constantly have to wipe my lips. The stickiness tends to give these lip glosses more staying power than some others I have tried. I can usually get 2 to 3 hours of wear out of them if I'm not eating and only drinking water. That's pretty good for me but I'm sure others can do better while wearing this lip gloss.


Lilac Rose, Pink Lilac


 From a color standpoint, the colors are soft and may not work well on medium to deep skin tones. On deeper complexions that run cool, I think that these lip gloss colors would look very pretty. Against my lighter complexion, the colors are pigmented enough to stand out, while providing a nice, subtle glow.



Pink Lilac


Lilac Rose
The only negative that I have to say about Bobbi Brown lip glosses (including these) is that $24 is a pretty hefty price to pay for lip gloss. In the greater scheme of things, I'm not sure they are worth the price but then again, I do buy them because the colors are so pretty and I feel good about the wear time I am able to achieve. In the end, I guess that's what being a consumer is all about!

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)