Monday, March 25, 2013

Product Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows


I may be late to the game but I just had to write about my love for the Maybelline  Eyestudio Color Tattoo 24 HR Cream Gel Shadow. While I don't recommend wearing any eye shadow for 24 hours, there is so much to love about this product that you just have to try it!

You NEED this product and I'm going to tell you why! 


Barely Beige, Inked in Pink and Tough as Taupe

















Color Tattoos are Maybelline's entry into the cream eyeshadow category, which is filled with stiff competition from several high end brands. This creamy, soft eyeshadow is available in 14 shades, ranging from a bright white to lovely metallic shades and medium to deep semi matte shades. It glides smoothly onto the eye lids using fingers or a brush (although I like using fingers with these shadows better than a brush) and last well over twelve hours on my oily lids without any kind of eye primer. In fact, I often use these shadows as primers for my powder shadows. They are that good!


Pomegranate Punk and Bad to the Bronze
Out of the ten shades that I have in my collection, only a few have a slight sheen (Inked in Pink, Bad to the Bronze and Gold Shimmer) but none of those are problematic on aging eyelids.




















One of the best things about Color Tattoos is that you can apply them sheerly or build them to vibrant (or dark) color. They're also perfect on their own or in addition to powder eyeshadows. In fact, it is really easy to create a nicely layered look when combined with powder shadows. Color Tattoos will also enhance the wear of the powder on top and can also be used as a long wearing gel eyeliner. So much bang for the buck!


I'm wearing Barely Beige in the inner corner and the browbone, Inked in Pink on the outer lid and Tough As Taupe in the crease, towards the very outer part of the lid and slightly above the crease

Barely Beige, Inked in Pink, Pomegranate Punk, Tough As Taupe, Bad to the Bronze, Rich Mahogany,
Gold Shimmer, Mossy Green


In my opinion, the Eyestudio Color Tattoo shadows are the BEST drugstore eyeshadow on the market today. I'll go as far to say that they are as good or BETTER than many of their high end counterparts. Add that to a retail price of approximately $5.99 at your favorite drugstore and they can't be beat!


Have you tried any of Maybelline's Color Tattoo Eyeshadows? What do you think? Do you love them as much as I do?

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)