Friday, March 15, 2013

Product Review: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish


I've recently been on a quest to find nail polish that will last longer than a day on my non-cooperative fingernails. Other than polish over a set of acrylics (hellooooo 1999!) and shellac/gel polish, most polish begins chipping the first day I apply it. Now, I'm pretty tough on my nails but isn't that a bit much? Shouldn't one get at least two days of satisfaction?  

While perusing the aisles at CVS the other day, I spied a display of CoverGirl Outlast Nail Polish. I'd honestly never noticed this before but I thought, "Hey...it's got "outlast" in the title. Maybe this is it!!!"  So I bought a few and tried them out...


CoverGirl bills these as an "all in one" nail polish that contains a base coat, color and top coat in one bottle. Needless to say, I was pretty skeptical but willing to try. I purchased four shades: Smoky Taupe (215), Tickled Pink (165), Silver Lining (195) and Go Go Mango (245). 



Smoky Taupe



Tickled Pink




Silver Lining


Go Go Mango
I found that each of the colors applied very smoothly and were opaque (and shiny) after one coat (no top coat). For the Pink and the Mango, I applied a second coat just to see how that worked and there was really no change to the opacity or the finish. Now, keeping in mind that I measure success in nail polish as staying on my fingertips and not chipping for two days, I was absolutely THRILLED when I made it thru the fourth day with just minor wear on some of the tips! On day five, I removed the polish because I was bored (I know...I have a problem).

Suffice it to say that CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish is a win for me. I'm looking forward to purchasing more of this awesome product, which is available for $4.99 to $5.99 at your favorite drugstore. Check out all of the 45 colors at CoverGirl.com!

Ages of Beauty rating: *****