Friday, March 15, 2013

Product Review: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish


I've recently been on a quest to find nail polish that will last longer than a day on my non-cooperative fingernails. Other than polish over a set of acrylics (hellooooo 1999!) and shellac/gel polish, most polish begins chipping the first day I apply it. Now, I'm pretty tough on my nails but isn't that a bit much? Shouldn't one get at least two days of satisfaction?  

While perusing the aisles at CVS the other day, I spied a display of CoverGirl Outlast Nail Polish. I'd honestly never noticed this before but I thought, "Hey...it's got "outlast" in the title. Maybe this is it!!!"  So I bought a few and tried them out...


CoverGirl bills these as an "all in one" nail polish that contains a base coat, color and top coat in one bottle. Needless to say, I was pretty skeptical but willing to try. I purchased four shades: Smoky Taupe (215), Tickled Pink (165), Silver Lining (195) and Go Go Mango (245). 



Smoky Taupe



Tickled Pink




Silver Lining


Go Go Mango
I found that each of the colors applied very smoothly and were opaque (and shiny) after one coat (no top coat). For the Pink and the Mango, I applied a second coat just to see how that worked and there was really no change to the opacity or the finish. Now, keeping in mind that I measure success in nail polish as staying on my fingertips and not chipping for two days, I was absolutely THRILLED when I made it thru the fourth day with just minor wear on some of the tips! On day five, I removed the polish because I was bored (I know...I have a problem).

Suffice it to say that CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish is a win for me. I'm looking forward to purchasing more of this awesome product, which is available for $4.99 to $5.99 at your favorite drugstore. Check out all of the 45 colors at CoverGirl.com!

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

1 comment:

  1. ...back to the store. While i do love shellac i find that it really is hard on my nails and i end up chipping off some of my nail with it when i remove it. Also it is a bit of a time comittment to apply ( 1 hour) that I don't always have. I let my nails go ratty for the summer ( ie. gardening and projects) but as soon as i get ready to make my nails decent again i will try this. I love that you get the inside scoop on all these projects. Takes the guess work out. Judy

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)