Friday, February 22, 2013

Technology: An App to Make Life Easier-- Our Groceries




About two years ago, I discovered an iPhone/iPad app (also available for Android and Blackberry) called "Our Groceries." This apps helps busy people keep track of their grocery lists on multiple devices. Within a family, multiple lists will sync to each device so that the one doing the shopping can get a real-time, up to date list of grocery items. Both my husband and I use an iPhone and I also have an iPad so this app is a godsend!!!





The first thing I did was to set up the master account, which is held under one of my email addresses. Since my husband does almost all of the grocery shopping but both of us use products, it is so easy to just add an item to the electronic list and once that is done, it is available on any of our registered devices, which we refer to while we're in the stores. Since setting up the original list, we now have added lists for Costco, for our son, for home projects, for Lowe's, etc. Since it's real time, I can add items to the Costco list while he is in Costco and can then be assured that the needed items will be purchased.


One of the fun things about this app is that I also keep an extensive list of cosmetics that I want to try and then review for my blog! That list NEVER ends but my iPhone is a handy way to keep it available while I'm in Sephora, Ulta, Target...


Our Groceries has a 4 star rating in the Apple app store. Check it out!

Do you have any apps that you use to make your life easier? Please share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)