Thursday, February 21, 2013

Product Review: L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Gel Liner



L'Oreal touts its Infallible Lacquer Gel Liner as a 24 hour formula that "glides on smoothly for a clean, precise line that keeps an intense high-shine finish that lasts from dawn to dusk." Just how well does this formula work and does it compete well with higher end products?



Photo Credit via


Photo Credit via
I've long been a fan of gel eyeliners and up to this point, had tried several drug store offerings (see here for a review) but had never found one that lived up to my Holy Grail product, Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner. I saw the L'Oreal version in Target for $8.99 so I thought I'd try the black version.

This eyeliner comes in a pot with .081 oz of product and a separate brush for application. The brush is VERY similar to the Bobbi Brown $26 ultra fine eyeliner brush (here) and applies the product in a very precise, thin line. As advertised, this gel eyeliner glides smoothly onto the lid and sets fairly quickly. The pigment is a very deep black and defines beautifully.


Photo Credit via

I found that the L'Oreal Gel Eyeliner absolutely did not move, smudge or flake and lasted from early in the morning to when I removed it later in the evening. This is my new Holy Grail gel eyeliner and at $14.00 cheaper than my favorite Bobbi Brown, it's a great value.

L'Oreal's Infallible is available in the following shades:

  • Blackest Black
  • Bronze
  • Dark Slate
  • Espresso
  • Navy



Have you tried L'Oreal Infallible Gel Eyeliner? Please share your thoughts!!!

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)