Thursday, February 7, 2013

Product Review: L'Oreal True Match Super Blend-able Crayon Concealer



How important is concealer? For most women over 40 (and a lot of those a whole lot younger), a good concealer can mean the difference between looking your age and feeling your age. It can be a miracle in a pencil, pot, tube or jar...or a nightmare of cakes, dryness or gathering in fine lines. Concealer can be friend...or foe. This article will focus on what I consider to be an excellent all purpose concealer---L'Oreal True Match Super Blend-able Crayon Concealer.

I have hereditary under-eye circles that seem to have gotten darker over the last five years. They're not terrible, but I definitely notice my face looking tired when they are not corrected. In the past two years, I've tried many different brands and techniques and have found some that work very well (as well as a few duds). Many concealers that work in the under eye area don't seem to work on the face and vice versa. My findings have been that if they are creamy enough to look good under the eye, they often lack staying power on other parts of the face. Not L'Oreal True Match---this stuff works no matter where you put it!



I purchased the color N 1-2-3 for my light cool to neutral skin tone. It glides onto the skin and blends with a light pat of the fingers. True Match has a slightly musty odor which doesn't last and the pencil itself can be extended by twisting the bottom. Coverage is light to medium and it did a pretty great job of lightening the darker areas of my face under my eyes, on either side of my chin and on the left side of my jawline. It even cancelled out the redness around my nose and on a few spots on my cheeks. If you have deeper dark spots or a lot more redness, I would recommend a color corrector underneath.

Here are some "before" and "after" pictures of this concealer in action:


Before concealer: wearing Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in BR20 and Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Sweet Watermelon
I applied the TrueMatch Concealer under the eyes, between the eyebrows, around the nose and on either side of the chin where I either had darkness or redness.



All blended out

I think you can tell that L'Oreal's True Match concealer really does brighten the face and helps with problem areas. It lasted a full ten hours on my face (with a light coat of powder over the concealed areas) with no problem.




L'Oreal True Match concealer is available at most drugstores in the following colors:

Neutral shades
  • Fair/Light N 1-2-3 
  • Light/Medium N 4-5
  • Medium/Deep N 6-7-8
Warm shades
  • Fair/Light W 1-2-3
  • Light/Medium W 4-5
  • Medium/Deep W 6-7-8


If you are looking for a good, all purpose concealer with light to medium coverage, True Match is a good one. If you need heavier coverage or have active acne, there are other concealers out that will provide more a more opaque finish (reviews are on their way!).

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)