Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Product Review: YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara



A few months ago, when I was on a quest for a new, smudge proof mascara, the sales associate at Nordstrom recommended that I try Yves St. Laurent's Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara. Having never been big on high end mascara, I was skeptical. Eventually, I shelled out $30 and purchased it in Burgundy.



Photo Credit: glamful.com


I am usually very much opposed to paying that much for mascara because it has to be replaced so often. At that time, though, I had had such a hard time finding a good mascara that wouldn't smudge so I guess I was feeling a little desperate. The SA did convince me, though, that I should try a "fun" color so I went with the Burgundy, which she said would go well with my green eyes.

While I don't think the color really shows up once it's on the lashes, it is a lovely mascara. Shocking applies fairly wet and clumped the first time I put it on because the large brush picks up a lot of mascara. Consequently, the next time I wore it, I gently wiped the excess off the brush and it did not clump. 

As far as wear-ability is concerned, Shocking lasted all day with no clumping or flaking. It definitely did the job I was promised and I will definitely purchase it again. 




Ages of Beauty rating: *****


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)