Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Face of the Day: A Luminous, Lifted Look



Lately, I've been interested in makeup looks that revitalize, tired, dry skin. Since it's winter, my skin is dryer than ever and it just feels "blah." That's really the best way to describe it. A couple of months ago, I started trying new products that add luminosity to the skin. At the same time, I had the opportunity to view a new video from my favorite make up artist, Lisa Eldridge here.  Click below to see my variation of her look!




On this particular day, I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep the night before so I was looking pretty bedraggled. My skin was blotchy, dark circles prominently covered the area underneath my eyes and I just felt dull, dull, dull!




To help correct that, I broke out L'Oreal's Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer. This pearly light reflecting liquid comes in a convenient pump bottle and is available at CVS for $12.99. I applied the primer all over my face to give a light, sheer glow.



I think you can see from the picture above that it does provide a bit of luminosity that does make my face appear brighter.



Over that, I layered on a thin 
coat of L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup in N 1-2. This medium coverage foundation glides on like silk. I usually apply it using a foundation brush but it also works well with a sponge or fingers. Here's the result:





Next I apply Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Powder Pink to my cheeks. Cream blush looks moist and luminous on the skin.






 At this point, I'm ready to work on my eyes. For this look, I applied  the Milani Eye Pen in Dark Brown just to the upper arch of my eyebrows. You can see the slight lift that provides in the picture below.


The Milani Brow pen is a great find and can be purchased at CVS  for $5.99. It is available in both Dark Brown and Taupe.



After that, I used a light lavender cream eyeshadow by Make Up For Ever as a liner on both the upper and lower lids. The lavender brightens up the eyes, making the whites look "whiter." Lavender is also adds a great contrast to most eye colors, making the wearer appear more awake.
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 18

To finish up the look, I applied a little YSL Touche Eclat under my eyes and under the arch of my brow to brighten and lift both areas as well as Trish McAvoy's mascara. Then I applied Mac Matte Lipstick in Deliciously Forbidden and then Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover (see swatches, below).

So what do you think? Do you have a favorite look when you're feeling that you need a lift? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)