Monday, January 12, 2015

Outfit of the Day: Business Casual at a Conference

Global Map
2014 was the year for business travel and if the beginning of 2015 is any indication, there will be a lot more business travel to come. I spent all of last week at my company’s global sales kickoff. It was just me and 3,000 other people, from all over the world, in Orlando for the week. Trips like these are really nice because not only do you learn a lot about the plans for the coming year but it’s a great opportunity for exposure to other cultures and languages. Fortunately, I love my job and the people I work with (even though we all work out of our homes, I see them A LOT!) because I end up spending plenty of time away from home. Believe me…coming home is really sweet!

Packing for business travel can be difficult due to climate, unpredictable weather and airlines (ugh!). I usually try to plan and cram everything into a carry on but since this trip was six days long, I decided to pack a larger bag and take many of my favorites. Most of the time, conference dressing means business casual (no suits) and since this one was an employees only affair, that meant I could take advantage of my very serious collection of clothing by Dobbin! In case this is your first time reading this blog, I must tell you that I absolute love this brand! Dobbin’s fashions are made in the USA, using amazing European fabrics (you will be amazed at the quality!) and priced just right! Just the fact that I, literally, purchase multiple items from every collection is a testimony in itself—I have NEVER fallen in love with a brand before! Not only is the fit just right but they have great sales (and they’re having one right now)!! Here’s a peek at one of the outfits from last week.

Picture 4
My outfit began with the gorgeous Luisa Silk Blouse from Dobbin. The beautiful black and ivory print ensures that this top works with a majority of the items in my closet. It’s comfortable and a great layering piece.
picture 2
My pants were also from Dobbin: the New Stanton Slim Pant in Black Stretch Corduroy. Honestly, I thought these pants were like my velvet feel pants from Talbots---the corduroy is that soft! And just like the other New Stanton pants in my wardrobe, this fit is amazing! On my feet I wore a pair of LK Bennet burgundy colored suede booties from last year. Even though the heel was quite high, the platform inside ensured that these babies were really comfortable! (Here’s a pair that looks just like them but in black)
Picture 3
Because I am always cold (and temps in large ballrooms tend to be on the chilly side), I topped my outfit off with a Talbots Charming cardigan in black. I have these in many colors and they are great!
Picture 1

Outfits like this take me thru most conferences and even when it’s more of a prospect or customer facing event, these same pieces can be easily dressed up.

I’m getting back into the “regular blogging” groove so stay tuned for more this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)