Monday, July 21, 2014

L’Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation

Loreal visible lift blur foundation

It’s been awhile since I’ve written a strictly beauty product post but for the past couple of weeks, I’ve been using L’Oreal’s Visible Lift Blur Foundation so I thought I’d blog about my results. Read on for more!

I look for a couple of things in an every day foundation. First, it has to be really easy to put on without a lot of tools. There’s nothing I hate more than trying to get made up quickly but finding I need significant brush work on my foundation. I also like a decent amount of sun protection, coverage (not too much) and it needs to be relatively long lasting. So far, I’ve worn Visible Lift Blur on a long plane trip, during business meetings and as an every day, light coverage foundation. The good news is that this foundation is light weight and easy to put on using fingers only. It blends well into my skin and does the whole “blur” thing. That’s due to the loads of silicones that it contains, which isn’t a bad thing for most of us. If silicones are problematic for you, steer clear of Visible Lift Blur. Texturally, it’s light, smooth and powdery feeling. it dries nicely on the face and leaves a smooth finish.

L'oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation Before After
L’Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation: Before and After

In the picture on the right, I’m wearing just the foundation in Nude Beige (see swatch below). This foundation is very sheer and I’ve attempted to build it up a few times without much luck. Now, I happen to like my foundation on the sheer side so that my real skin shows through. I conceal any problem areas (for me, under eyes, around my nose and on either side of my chin) with my favorite concealer (IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye), powder, and I’m off. Since I don’t tend to have blemishes, that’s not a concern for me but some women our age do have breakouts. For those of you who do, Visible Lift Blur may not offer the coverage you are looking for.

L'oreal visible lift blur foundation swatch  nude beige
L’Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation in 203 Nude Beige

My only real complaint about this foundation is that it does not seem to last well on the skin, even with a nice dusting of powder. It showed significant wear after four hours and that’s an issue for me as I don’t like to really touch up my makeup (other than a light dusting of powder and maybe some lip color). If I’m just working at home or stepping out and want to even out my skin tone and add some spf, (which is 90% of the time if I’m not traveling), then this one is a great “go to.” And for that reason, I’ll use if for the rest of the summer. It really does lightly even things out and, while I don’t really see a big “blur” impact, I do like this foundation for everyday wear.

L’Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation is available for $14.99 in twelve shades at drugstores everywhere. Check it out!

Ages of Beauty rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)