Wednesday, July 2, 2014

As Cool and Blue as the Turquoise Waters of…


Turquoise blue 1

the South Pacific? The Mediterranean? The Caribbean? Or how about the Gulf of Mexico? Seriously, when I think of cool and relaxing, I think of the waters of all of those places (and I’ve been to each in the past fifteen years). Since it’s 97 degrees today in Virginia, I think I was subconsciously drawn to this beautiful turquoise silk blouse from Dobbin Clothing. The Elodie tunic is actually described as “Aegean blue” (same thing, right?) and boy, is it a beauty! A substantial silk crepe de chine, normally, I would wear it with a jacket or tucked in (Elodie is actually a staple of my business wardrobe) because my figure demands a defined waste but as hot and humid as it is today, that wasn’t happening! So today I went with a (for me) kind of bohemian look. I think this is a great casual yet “put together” look. Read on for more details.


NYDJ Basic Stretch bootcut Jeans

NYDJ Basic Stretch Bootcut Jeans

Mine came from Nordstrom and you can still find them here.

Stuart Weitzman wedges

My wedges are the Stuart Weitzman “Jean” Wedge in Adobe Aniline. They are also available at Nordstrom here.

Rebecca Minkoff tote

Rebecca Minkoff Medium MAB Tote

Here’s a link for the tote on the Rebecca Minkoff site (but it’s not the same color). It’s a beautiful tote but an investment piece. There are other options out there but this is a great classic shape and color!

Tree of Life

Tree of Life pendant from my collection. I have no idea where I purchased it!

sisco berlutti bracelet

This Sisco Berluti Bracelet Stack actually came in the PopSugar Must Have Summer Resort Special Edition Box. The colors really tie my outfit together! You can find similar Sisco Berluti bracelets here.

Vince Camuto earrings 

These Vince Camuto earrings are waaaay outside of my comfort zone but I was convinced to get them by my personal stylist, Leah Price, from Keaton Row (I’ll be writing about my experiences with Keaton Row soon!). When I wear these giant (for me) open teardrops, I feel a little bit “edgy” and cool (a girl can dream, right??)! You can find them here at Nordstrom.

So that’s it! Cool, comfy, put together and casual. What more can you ask for on a hot summer day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)