Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Great Memories Brought to You by Bobbi Brown’s “Beach”


Bobbi Brown Beach
When I was a little girl, my family spent three weeks every summer at Wrightsville Beach in North Carolina. As did many of my parents’ friends, we rented a cottage on the inner sound area (my Mom called it the “lagoon”) and spent hours running around with other kids, swimming, boating and just generally reveling in the joy and freedom that went along with the season. Those memories are precious and fill me with a sense of nostalgia---the sites, sounds, tastes and smells of the beach. My brothers and I still reminisce about those days and it really makes me happy.

Now that I’m older and have my own “place at the beach,” life isn’t quite as simple as it was then (when I was eight years old!) and I can’t get to the beach as often as I like. I am, however, quickly taken back to those days every time I spray Bobbi Brown’s Beach eau de parfum. I LOVE this fragrance and it immediately reminds me of suntan lotion, salty waves and sunny days on the sand.

Unlike a lot of beachy-type fragrances, Beach isn’t a cloying, sickly sweet combination of coconut and pineapple. This beach scent is clean, dry, salty and almost earthy. It IS the beach! The fragrance is described as a mixture of sand, jasmine, sea spray and mandarin. Despite its floral notes, I think it actually works as a unisex scent. Reminiscent of Coppertone Suntan Lotion (which is, without a doubt, the main reason this perfume tends to bring back those nostalgic memories), it’s soft and clean rather than chemical and harsh. For me, this scent lasts throughout the day and is a staple for me throughout the spring and summer.
Del Mar Beach
This lovely scent is available in perfume, body oil, lotion, a scrub and also shower gel. You can find the perfume for about $70, wherever Bobbi Brown products are sold.

I love this scent so much that I’m sourcing a scented fragrance oil to put in hand made soap! Will definitely let you know how that turn out!

Ages of Beauty rating: *****


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)