Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Face of the Day: Bright Eyes, Soft Lip


FOTD 060414 1

I had meant this post to include a video but the video turned out blurry and terrible. So disappointing! Since Spring is definitely here and Summer is just around the corner, I thought it was high time that I brightened things up a bit. This look was inspired but the brights in my sweater (and jeans). Read on to see more!


FOTD 060414 2 

On my eyes, I used shades from the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette (find it here for $42). I’m wearing Sheer Joy from the lashline to the brow, Love on the lid, Sunset and Soulful in the crease, Mocha in the outer “V” and a combo of Sheer Joy and Transforming Pearl on the tear duct. It’s hard to see in these photos, but Sunset is a warm, orange/terracotta that picks up the orange/red tones in my sweater. These shadows last and last. I’ll be reviewing them soon!

FOTD 060414 4

To finish off the eyes, I’m wearing Urban Decay’s Ink for Eyes on the upper lashline and Mac’s Zoom Waterfast Lash on the upper lashes. On my eyebrows, I’m using my old standby, Anastasia of Beverly Hills’ Tinted Eyebrow Gel in Espresso.

FOTD 060414 5

The rest of my look uses the following: Revlon CC Cream in Light Medium; IT Cosmetics Eye Lift in a Tube; Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat; Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow (for contouring); Julep Lipgloss in Graceful; and I finished it all off with my favorite NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder.


FOTD 060414 6

Hair

I’ve also been trying to grow out my hair with the idea of getting it long enough and then figuring out what I want to do. It’s long enough now to put into a french braid so I did a messy braid and the results are above. This will be great for the hot, humid Virginia summer!

Are any of these products your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)