Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Toner

Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Toner
Skin care is a big deal to me and I love it when I find great products at all price points. An acid- based toner has become an important part of my skincare routine and I’ve found several great high end products that I love (see reviews here, here and here). Until recently, I hadn’t found any toners of this kind, that I liked, in the drugstore. One day not too long ago, I spent time looking at the labels of almost every toner in Target, looking for those with some sort of exfoliating acid. That day, I found and bought two of them and one was the Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Toner for Sensitive Skin.
Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Toner 2 
The active ingredient is this toner is Salicylic Acid at a strength of 0.5%. Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid that is derived from the active ingredient in aspirin. It is found in many acne medications and is a great exfoliant. I’ll admit that I was skeptical that a product marketed to acne sufferers could work in the skincare routine of a person with dry skin (if you are not familiar with why I’m big on acid-based toners, see this  link to Caroline Hirons’s website---Caroline’s skincare advice has changed my life!!! :) ) but I thought I’d give it a try. Twice a day for about a month, I’ve been using this toner after cleansing and I have yet to have any kind of irritation or breakout! Yes, this toner has alcohol as its second ingredient but it doesn’t seem to have any negative impact on my skin, which is great. Keep in mind that I’m a stickler for making sure my skin is adequately hydrated, though. With that said, I definitely tend to get a reaction if a product is too strong but the “sensitive” designation of this product really seems to work for me. Better yet, it’s really inexpensive at approximately $5.99 at the drugstore for a bottle that should last a couple of months.

If you’re looking to see how an acid based toner can positively impact your skin, this is a good one to try. Pay close attention to how your skin reacts and go from there. There’s not much to lose at this price point.

Have you tried this toner? What do you think of it?

Ages of Beauty rating: ****



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)