Friday, October 11, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Eye Shadow in Moonlit

Moonlit 1
Revlon’s Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow was one of my best drugstore finds in the past couple of months. It had been years since I’ve worn any of Revlon’s shadows and I really didn’t know what to expect. One of the shades I purchased was Moonlit, a versatile, neutral quad that wore really well during last Family Weekend at my stepson’s college. In fact, I liked it so much that I wore it several times this week!
Moonlit 2
The shades in the palette range from a light, slightly frosty creamy white, to a light, neutral beige, a darker satin brown and finally a sooty grayish brown.The two darker colors were pretty nicely pigmented while the light brown was probably the least pigmented of the bunch. The lightest color was about what you’d expect, providing a nice, light sheen to my tear ducts and right under my brows.
Moonlit Color 1
Moonlit color 2
Moonlit color 3
Moonlit color 4
One nice surprise with this quad is that the shadows weren’t the least bit powdery! Although the marketing touts a 16 hour wear time, I didn’t even try to wear them that long. I will say, though, that I applied the shadow without any eye primer and I got great wear for ten hours. No creasing! That truly is amazing on my eyes!
Revlon Colorstay Moonlit swatches

Revlon Colorstay Moonlit closed eyes

Revlon Colorstay Moonlit side eyes
I do like the Moonlit eye quad and it’s an excellent performer for “over 40” eyes. The shades have a nice sheen without being too frosty so therefore adds a nice touch of light to the eyes without highlighting fine lines and bags. It’s a really nice value costing about $5.99 (depending on the drugstore). There are also fourteen other selections (one of which I’ll review next week!) available as well.

Have you tried Moonlit? Do let me know what you think!

Ages of Beauty rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)