Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Face of the Day: No Makeup Makeup for Summer

no makeup makeup 4
I love a natural makeup look! Especially one that can be applied in 5 minutes and lasts all day. And since I had not posted a Face of the Day (FOTD) in quite awhile (at least it feels that way), I’ve done one using some of my favorite products from this summer. The great thing about this one is that I’ve used a mixture of drugstore and high end products. I’ll also be doing a give away of a few of the products I used in this look so check back later today!!!

Before makeup 1
OK, here’s what I started with. I’ve already applied my skin care products AND sunscreen so I’m working with a clean slate. Since I always start with mascara (because I’m messy), I curled my lashes and applied Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara in Black. Then it’s on to the foundation and concealer which were Mac Face & Body Foundation in C3 ( single, light layer) and Revlon Photo Ready Concealer in Medium.
Mac F&B C3 Revlon Concelaer medium
After that, I applied a very layer of Nars Light Reflecting loose powder just on the areas that I concealed (under eyes, on either side of the chin and a dark spot on my cheek). Once the concealer was set, I used Anastasia’s Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso on my eyebrows for grooming and to conceal my white hairs.
eye swatches
For a subtle, yet polished, eye look, I used Wet N Wild’s Color Icon palette in Silent Treatment, applying the lightest (it says “browbone” on the surface of the shadow) from lash line to brow and a light application of the medium color (“eyelid”) in the crease. Clinique’s Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Intense Chocolate was applied to my upper lash line.
eyes

3 Custom Color Simply Beautiful Revlon Honey

blush and lip swatches
For cheeks and lips, I used the absolutely perfect 3 Custom Color cheek stain in Simply Beautiful and Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. These products are wonderful for a “no makeup” makeup look!

No makeup makeup products

Before and After

No makeup makeup 2
What’s your go-to routine for a more natural look?



Don't forget to check back later today for the giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)